Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion ROV Job Australia

ROV Job Australia

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion ROV Job Australia

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Its getting a bit pointless.

What is getting pointless is your continued argument against anything that may be of benefit to those that actually work offshore in the ROV side of this industry and are striving for fair employment opportunities at a fair rate of pay. Based on many of your previous posts it’s pretty obvious you have no interest in fair employment of ROV people, wherever they may work. No matter if it a discussion about UK offshore employment or, in this case, Oz employment, you always argue against any initiative that may support local people working in ROV offshore.

This site was created by a couple of offshore people wishing to help those that work offshore in the ROV game. My wife and I have put many years into helping people out as best we can. You on the other hand appear to have no remit in this forum other than to argue against, or attempt to belittle, any positive efforts people are trying to introduce by way of helping those in our industry. I find that less than helpful and that’s me being as nice as I can about it.

I have to ask myself why you have actually bothered to join this site at all?
    It appears that you have no interest in achieving anything other than meeting the needs of your own ‘stick of rock’ SS7 personal agenda.

Whilst I am all for healthy debate you are verging on pissing me off.
    Make no mistake about it, this is my site and if I want to get pissed off with someone I will. Under current circumstances you fit the bill pretty well. Given almost 10 years of running things under this domain, and having never once come across such an annoying person such as yourself, that’s saying something!

If, one day soon you can’t log in you will know why. Your account along with all it’s taunting, negative posts will have been deleted!!
    You may pull a few strings in your patch of the oil field but here you are an ROVworld.com member and this is most definitely my patch!!

…and that is me being pretty calm about it.

Have a nice day… if that is at all possible!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

James,

Still no pm from 225 to me from another annoying statement in another thread… if it’s whom I think it is, I’m really surprised he’s still alive as this person is WORSE face to face…

Back to topic…

Any MUA members heard any grumblings of "cheap" labor coming in and "threatening" their livelihood??

Anonymous

I’m not sure why some folk are so offended by my latest reply. I’m simply stating that S7 and other companies send personnel to Australia (of all disciiplines) at their normal staff contracted rate. Why are companies allowed to send folk on regular staff rates?

1) The Aussie unions are unaware of the situation….unlikely
    2) The folk are allready on higher rates….unlikely
    3) The Aussie unions have an agreed crew and accept a few non-member hands and what ever rate they are on….likely

With an agreed crew the Aussie unions are more likely to call for action because the fresh milk has run out, or no daily papers than for the few temporary foreign hands and what they earn.

Its a pointless debate in respect to the thinking that a loop-hole and such like has been ‘discovered’

Scotbeve, as for the PM’s, I like it all out in the forum …I’m not sure why your so facinated by my ‘handle’ of 225 and by the way… we have never met face to face

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Don’t be patting yourself on the back too much lad… I am not in any fashion or form "fascinated" with your handle of "225" – I had only asked why you picked that number…. Strangely enough… another question arises – how would you know if you met me or not, face to face?

Anonymous

Strangely enough… another question arises – how would you know if you met me or not, face to face?

Because I sat next to Steven Spielberg once, and he told me

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I’m not sure why some folk are so offended by my latest reply. I’m simply stating that S7 and other companies send personnel to Australia (of all disciiplines) at their normal staff contracted rate.

Please don’t appear to be Mr. Innocent. It’s not simply ‘some folks‘ being offended by just your previous post. It’s more a case of me noting that your longer term agenda here is clearly geared towards upsetting the general line of discussion when it appears to be making any progress in favour of looking after ROV likelihoods.

I for one, am personally fed up with your attitude, as I clearly outlined in my previous post.

I wouldn’t be moderating this site properly if I allowed people like you to persist with this.

So, if you have nothing positive to add to our discussions around here how about you bugger off and annoy some people in another ROV forum – if you can find one!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Strangely enough… another question arises – how would you know if you met me or not, face to face?

Because I sat next to Steven Spielberg once, and he told me

So pm me if we have in fact met "face to face" laddie!!!! (And … oh yeah…. stop hiding behind an avatar handle in which a particular number may be arbitrary / mean nothing to you / haven’t a clue where the number came from) – out in the open laddie – who are you?

Anonymous

Scott: This is all way off topic, but I dont feel I need to indentify myself.

1. Anonymity removes a major barrier to entry for most people.
    2. Anonymity allows an individual to express an opinion without the fear of intimidation
    3. Anonymity allows an individual to express an opinion that may be contrary to that of their employer.
    4. Anonymity allows an individual to express an opinion that their position may not otherwise permit.

and so on….

I’m sure most forum users and Admin agree

James McLauchlan
    Participant

However, anonymity does not allow for a person to post to the detriment of the smooth running of the Forum and the needs of it’s members.

gr8
    Participant

Are the last posts about job in Australia? I don’t think so.
    Where is the admin?

Maybe you will back to the thread and finish your private debate on the private messages ???

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Are the last posts about job in Australia? I don’t think so.
    Where is the admin?

Maybe you will back to the thread and finish your private debate on the private messages ???

Thanks for your valuable input. Do you have anything to add about the job in Oz, or are you posting simply to try and moderate the thread?

I am the admin…. so PM me if you have any further issues on the way things are run around here.

Savante
    Participant

This is unusual because it doesn’t also say Australian national.

I could be wrong, but aussie nationals (and I think SCV automatically for Kiwis under 73 trans tasman) are by virtue automatic holders of aussie work permits. I don’t think that from the text presented you can imply that there is a specific exclusion to A-NZ nationals.

liddelljohn
    Participant

Oceaneering SG sent me to work in Australia 2 years ago on Singapore rates not Aussie rates ..no work permit either but that did not seem to matter also CTC have sent me to a job there with no Work permit but on UK rates ….again no problem with Aussie authorities …only asked to see my joining letter and seamans book. they were only short 4 week jobs .

Go figure?????

Micbeth
    Participant

1) The Aussie unions are unaware of the situation….unlikely
    2) The folk are allready on higher rates….unlikely
    3) The Aussie unions have an agreed crew and accept a few non-member hands and what ever rate they are on….likely

So your replies are speculation too.

Its a pointless debate in respect to the thinking that a loop-hole and such like has been ‘discovered’

But a loophole probably not known by most people on this forum has been "discovered" hasn’t it? So why is it pointless?

With an agreed crew the Aussie unions are more likely to call for action because the fresh milk has run out, or no daily papers than for the few temporary foreign hands and what they earn.

If you want to "Union bash" please start your own thread. I am trying to remain impartial on the merits of union membership here. It is covered in plenty of other threads and trotting out tired old urban myths on the behaviour of unions shows another propaganda based agenda. Accusing the union of duplicity in agreeing to lower paid foreign workers to take their own members jobs would make a good new thread though. I wonder how they would react to such allegations?

I could be wrong, but aussie nationals (and I think SCV automatically for Kiwis under 73 trans tasman) are by virtue automatic holders of aussie work permits. I don’t think that from the text presented you can imply that there is a specific exclusion to A-NZ nationals.

Granted, but the add didn’t say "Australian nationals or…." either. And as I said previously I PMd them to see if they were also interested in Australian nationals and got no reply. So I speculated on the implications if Oz residents were excluded. Which is one of the main subjects of the thread.

Oceaneering SG sent me to work in Australia 2 years ago on Singapore rates not Aussie rates ..no work permit either but that did not seem to matter also CTC have sent me to a job there with no Work permit but on UK rates ….again no problem with Aussie authorities …only asked to see my joining letter and seamans book. they were only short 4 week jobs .

Go figure?????

Thanks Liddlejohn, we now have direct evidence on companies using trickery to get people into another country and undercutting the local pay rates.

Australia has a reputation for strict entry and work conditions and it still appears to be relatively easy for companies to circumvent their agreements which were supossedly negotiated in good faith with the local workforce and bring in lesser paid foreign workers. The future is indeed looking bleak for pay and conditions in this industry on a world wide basis.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

MicBeth,

So what CAN be done by the MUA to prevent this "cheaper" labor from flooding the market in Aus.?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar