Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions ROV Load Testing

ROV Load Testing

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions ROV Load Testing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Parris
    Participant

Most companies use the IMCA guidelines RO 0111 for periodic testing and examination, some take the dangerous and unsafe approach and don’t ! however, how many ROV companies test and inspect the ROV, TMS, and Tooling Skids – and in what period. This is a stick subject because i know a lot do and some don’t, I am just interested in finding out who those Proactive companies are?

Dave Vaughan
    Participant

Some companies in Asia i have worked for a very Proactive in testing and inspecting all aspects of their systems. Unfortunately companies I.E NPCC in the Middle East do not conduct these tests at all, even after main lift re-terms, as they deem fit to have the system held 1 ft above the LARS for 0.5 hour and think that is good enough. Have had pain with this outfit now and will not work with them again as their method of work and ethics are shocking, but it is their own style and the local lads think there are Superstars. Sad to say but it will take a accident for companies to learn of these shortcuts.

Chris Parris
    Participant

Yes that is what i have been coming across, a large ROV company not doing any periodic load testing, well nothing past an umbilical pull test then it can not exceed the SWL of the umbilical, but others being anal about it. Rather be anal and be safe, than to be ignorant, cheap and unsafe. You are correct, unless these certain companies come into the 21st century (20th century in some cases), it is going to take killing or hurting someone before they adopt the "best practices of other companies. In my experience an knowledge Subsea 7, Technip, DOF are really good at periodic testing and examinations, any more suggestions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar