Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Rov Schools/training

Rov Schools/training

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Rov Schools/training

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    daniel hing
    Participant

Hi all…..Im pretty much new to all this, and ive been searching the net endlessly for help but to no avail…..basically my uncle works for an oil rig in texas and after talking to him, hes told me he would be happy to hire me as an ROV tender all i need to do is get basic training in ROV concentrating on electrics, mechanics and hydruallics, he said there is schools i can do a 3week course in for free and thats all id need to be hired…..problem is im yet to find any1 that can take me on without a huge fee or some basic qualifications in one of the above mentioned subjects…..Is there a school or course i can do that any of u know about?? Cheers guys thanks for your Time Daniel

daniel hing
    Participant

I no, i no i didnt RTFF!! IM doing so now, your all right its helped no end so far!

Donny Bilbo
    Participant

IDK about a three week free school but i went through a ROV course at Temple College in Temple, Texas. and it was definitely not free and it was 8 weeks but i think worth it completely! check it out at http://www.subsearobotics.net/

tc1
    Participant

This should be moved to the jokes section

Ray Shields
    Participant

"The students will find it easy to learn ROV fundamentals and aplly them correctly".

Spelling is obviously optional.

And I like the (only) photo in the "ROV Gallery":-

Wade Berglund
    Participant

Must be the new "manual" type ROV’s that are now on the market, they are operated and maintained by non-technical background people who work for peanuts.

I do not see any umbilical on them 🙄

These ROV’s seem to be trimmed for positive buoyancy and lacking strong thrusters.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Must be the Tropics…………………………… The water is blue 😆

James McLauchlan
    Participant

It gets better..

http://www.subsearobotics.net/

Under Remotely Operated Vehicles

Picture of some well proportioned gent hanging his gut over
    the rail with a Diving chamber behind his admirers.

There is a hardly an ROV in view anywhere on the website.

Nor would I would suggest might be a fair recommendation for their training establishment.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Isn’t that a ROV in the background cleverly disguised as a chamber ! 😀
    Atleast they are wearing overalls
    Maybe they are looking for the ROV in the water as someone let the Umbilical go over the side ?

gr8
    Participant

It gets better..

http://www.subsearobotics.net/

Under Remotely Operated Vehicles

There is a hardly an ROV in view anywhere on the website.

There is better pic under: ROV Photo Gallery

Understand, that they are swimming with the ROV hidden somewhere in the pool !?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

aaagh 🙂
    Lifesavers or ROV support crew 😀

Lloyd Todd
    Participant

Hey,

Thats made my week been rolling around the office all day, this is a wind up right?

MD

Mark
    Participant

Wind-up defo

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi all…..Im pretty much new to all this, and ive been searching the net endlessly for help but to no avail…..basically my uncle works for an oil rig in texas and after talking to him, hes told me he would be happy to hire me as an ROV tender all i need to do is get basic training in ROV concentrating on electrics, mechanics and hydruallics, he said there is schools i can do a 3week course in for free and thats all id need to be hired…..problem is im yet to find any1 that can take me on without a huge fee or some basic qualifications in one of the above mentioned subjects…..Is there a school or course i can do that any of u know about?? Cheers guys thanks for your Time Daniel

ROV Tender???? WTF is that??? Sounds like a "diver-related" school to me. RTFM pinpong

liddelljohn
    Participant

ROV….Texans …….Brains ……nope …..never met anyone from Texas who who knew what they were talking about …..

Sorry to any smart Texans out there but they must be the quiet ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar