Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Rov Trainee jobs

Rov Trainee jobs

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Rov Trainee jobs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daryl
    Participant

Hi,

I have just completed my ROV training and am battling to find Trainee jobs.

Any idea who is willing to take on trainees?

Appreciate any help.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Have a read through the threads in the ROV/AUV Rookie Forum on here.

Most of the ROV companies are constantly looking for trainees, but as so many people are applying they can afford to be choosy as to who they take on. If you do not already have a technical or trade background, you will find it very difficult to get a job.

Doing an ROV training course counts for little for most of these companies, most will still put you through their course anyway.

luckyjim37
    Participant

Daryl,

Just about every company will/is recruiting you can pick up lists of companies all over the place.

I used to use the IMCA website as there is a list of IMCA registered companies many with website links from it.

The big players in the industry are Fugro-Rovtech, Subsea 7, Oceaneering, Technip, Acergy, Sonsub Off the top of my head

Some of the smaller companies include Hallin Marine, ISS, TS Marine

As you can see there are a lot but if you get your C.V. out there it will get picked up by someone. There are also a couple of recruiting companies who are worth getting in touch with.
    Omega resources and Mansell recruiting.

They recruit for some of the companies above.

Realistically though you have to be prepared to wait. You send off a C.V. now you might not get a start until around March as the wheels turn slow in the big offices.

Hope this is a little help to you

Jim

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

See Ron’s ROV links & home page ROV world as well.

Guys who have asked the same / similiar questions as this,

😆 Iffin’ ya’ cannae fine ya’ way aroond a web seet, haya guinne fine ya’ way aroond the seabeed? 😆

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar