Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Rov training prerequisite

Rov training prerequisite

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Rov training prerequisite

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MItchell
    Participant

Is a red seal boliermaker or steel fabricator ticket an acceptable prerequisite for the rov introduction program ?

Des_b
    Participant

CAN93

I dont know what a ""boliermaker"" is…. 😯 If its the same as a boilermaker…. 😆

However I can say read all the info regarding courses on the rookies corner and make up your own mind. To help out you dont need to be a fabricator and it wont really help you get a job, unlike being a electronic or mech tech…
    good hunting!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

Umm, no!

chris rawnsley
    Participant

Mate im currently trying to get a start and im an ex aircraft engineer with 8 years experience and a full technical apprenticeship, also a fully qualified gas service engineer and own my own company and im struggling. .an rov course wont help u if u havnt got the technical background as there are tons of ex forces with years of experience trying and sadly a 3 week course just isnt enough to compete. . Look at your current skillset that u have experience in and cross reference it to an offshore roll,then get your bosiet and mist courses done and start from their. .

michael kilby
    Participant

Into ROV then probably not

But if you have your wleding tickets then beleive it or not, those giant lumps of steel we call a rig do have the occasional need of a little tlc from somone who can talk to metal and make it do things

ROV for me is a fantastic job, but there are plenty of other offshore jobs out there that all need different skill sets

David
    Participant

CAN93
    Rovwannabe is right, I’d advise you to save your money. I did the course as part of my package on leaving the military. I thought it was a complete con just designed to exploit the financial package that is available to military personnel. The market appears to be saturated with people who have done that course.
    I’d advise to use your technical skills to get a rig maintenance job. You don’t mention whether you are a qualified welder but that would seem to be the most suitable job.
    I now work offshore on the maintenance side and I’m earning a lot more than the ROV guys.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar