Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training SAFETY COURSES – OSHA, NEBOSH, etc…

SAFETY COURSES – OSHA, NEBOSH, etc…

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training SAFETY COURSES – OSHA, NEBOSH, etc…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

This is one carried over from the old forum

There seems to be an increasing demand for people with various backgrounds who have formal training in safety planning and management. Who has further knowledge of this. Anyone had experience with NEBOSH training? What is the experience with various training institutes?

Appreciate any input.

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

This is one carried over from the old forum

This is a reply by Derek posted on http://www.longstreath.com in reply to a similar question.

For all readers NEBOSH stands for National Examination Board of Safety and Health. It offers training and
    examinations in Health and Safety law and regulations applicable to the UK.
    There are three training programs.
    The General Certificate which is designed for Supervisory and Managerial personnel. Who have a responsibility for general Health and Safety matters at work.
    The Diploma which is designed for persons engaged or intending to engage in a Companies Health and Safety management structure. The Diploma is in two parts.
    I completed the certificate to learn H&S legislation after an incident nearly crippled me. The Certificate and
    Diploma requires considerable effort to learn the subject. Because I got my teeth into the subject
    I am now studying for the Diploma. But I will give this warning. It requires a lot of hard work and is tough. Not for slackers.

rover22
    Participant

Hi Ginamc,

This is a late reply, but may be of interest.

NEBOSH has come up in conversation more and more in the last year. I heard of it for the first time Aug 07 from a Client Rep. Since then, I have been asking, and it seems that almost all Superintendents and Client Reps I have worked with since Aug 07 have either done it (more than 60% I’d say) or are going to be doing it as soon as possible. No one of Supervisor grade or lower I have worked with or talked to either knows about it or will be doing it.

Lastly, for anyone considering doing it, without exception, every person I spoke to who has done it recommends the full-time 2 week course with exams at the end 9regardless of the company presenting) as to do it part time or by correspondance (an option available from most suppliers but with full-time exams afterwards) is a nightmare and most ed up switching to full-time.

Hope this 2c worth helps.

Rover22

singeroi
    Participant

interesting.. i might check that one out.. thanks a lot
    simulation assurance vie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar