Home Forums General We’re alongside… So where do I go? Shekou (She Kou) China – Peoples Republic that is

Shekou (She Kou) China – Peoples Republic that is

Home Forums General We’re alongside… So where do I go? Shekou (She Kou) China – Peoples Republic that is

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Not a bad run if you’re in the neighbourhood.

Standard fare is MacCawley’s Irish Bar – same old, same old but not a bad blues/rock band and they advertise the only Guiness on tap (if that’s your cup of tea). Other bar for peace from too many bar girls is X-TA-SEA Sports Bar, American Style with ESPN pool tables, etc. Sunflower Bar (not far from MacCawley’s is OK, 1 pool table and girls don’t hassle you for drinks either.

In between MacCawleys and X-TA-SEA is a street named appropriately enough… Bar Street (Chicken Street to Chinese) plenty bars of the hole in the wall variety where you can get whatever you want…nuff said!

Cheers and make mine a Tsingtao with Glenmorangie chaser! 😀

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Wasn’t the X-TAS-SEA called something else 5 to 10 years ago? Correct me if I’m wrong is the X-TAS-SEA near the ship next to the mini-golf course / driving range? Haven’t been there in almost 10 years…

Lloyd Todd
    Participant

The Terrace bar is the place to go, its above Starbucks near the
    ship.
    Im currently in Shekou, you can give me a shout for a beer,

Regards MD

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

ship.

Regards MD

There wasn’t a Starbucks when I was last there…

I’m offshore W. Africa… so much for the beer shout!

Lloyd Todd
    Participant

Scotbeve,

That was a general Beer Shout to any ROV crew coming through Shekou.

Regards Mad-dog 😆

Roo
    Participant

Hey Mad-dog,
    what are you doing in Shekou? I’ve heard that work up there is looking more promising. Any ideas of who to talk to?

Anonymous

Hey Mad Dog,

Hope you haven’t drunk my bottles yet!

Cheers mate!

PS currently on San Mig, don’t let any ex-pongoes drink all my whisky

Divemaster
    Participant

Hey there,

Indeed the Terrace bar is a good place to go !!

Just a couple of minutes from the Nan-Hai hotel towards the ‘landbased’ cruiseship .

Plenty of restaurants there too !!

We’re offshore at the moment but going in in about 5 days .

Cheers !!

Divemaster

Steve
    Participant

ship.

Regards MD

I also live in Shekou (Coastal Rose Garden), maybe I know you and didn’t realise you work offshore. Currently away but when I get back will give you a shout for that beer!

Unfortunately a lot of the bars are now being closed down due to local public pressure. The snakepit has already moved and the X-Ta-Sy is moving so I hear to the Seagull Area (near the land locked ship). Many new bars have opened up on "old street" in the town offering "services", which if you don’t want the beer is cheap and you are left alone.

Lloyd Todd
    Participant

I also live in Coastal Rose Garden, small world.
    Send me a PM, i must know you

Mad-dog

Roo
    Participant

There is a new bar called D’club above The Terrace. It’s a nicer choice if you’re into your dance music. The new Ex-ta-sea is nice as well. Slightly larger space with a race course style bar (Access from anywhere), still got 2 pool tables. It’s located in the ship on the left hand side of the entrance. Worth a visit

keetynice
    Participant

I’m certain if he was available this bug would be fixed by now.
    financement automobile | simulation credit | comparatif taux pret auto | calcul voiture une simulation crédit auto, le souscripteur doit remplir des renseignements financement automobile | simulation credit | comparatif taux pret auto | calcul voiture

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar