Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner SS7 are looking for trainees.

SS7 are looking for trainees.

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner SS7 are looking for trainees.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Robert Manestar
    Participant

Please anyone send me email of Jill on PM. Thanks

Martin Mac
    Participant

Would someone be able to kindly pm me Jill’s email?
    Tried calling Subsea 7 but trying to catch these sclub7 office dollys when they’re not in a ‘meeting’ or out on one of their many coffee breaks is a nightmare.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Should you wish to contact the SS 7 H.R Direct try :-

eMailkatie.walton@subsea7.com
    Tel +44 1224-526190
    Fax +44 1224-527000
    ———————————————————————————————————————————-
    Subsea 7, East Campus, Prospect Road, Arnhall Business Park, Westhill, Aberdeenshire, AB32 6FE, Scotland, UK
    ———————————————————————————————————————————-
    Websitewww.subsea7.com

SAFETY |INTEGRITY |INNOVATION |PERFORMANCE |COLLABORATION

Raven Brink
    Participant

And… Seems I missed this train of trainees. I have been wanting to get into the ROV world for such a long time now, so desperately difficult to build up to those first 50 hours. I have wondered off from my goals in being into hydrographic survey world. Next time…I’ll get this one next time, Subsea 7 is a great company to work for. Grats to those who made it in. I envy you.

leigh
    Participant

hiya each,

looks like stuffs happening, although still no contract!!!

John Devanney
    Participant

I got an email copy of my contact this afternoon. Paperwork to follow in post to sign and send back!

leigh
    Participant

Hi JD

Just got mail message about training start ect. No contract yet!!
    But looks like things are finally moving! Do you think you got your contract today because your day rate or they want you to give notice or sumthing?
    have you been given a start date?
    Pm me if you prefer!
    Cheers
    Nocker

leigh
    Participant

Guys,

I have just been in contact with lynsey (tried to get Jill Gray) HR regarding e-mailed contracts, posted out versions are not being sent out!!
    E mailed version either printed and scanned or returned by post to Aberdeen.

Sat waiting for the letterbox…..not anymore!!!!

Nocker

stian
    Participant

I got a call from subsea 7 in norway and they want to do an interview for rov trainee.

Do anybody know how the interviews are? I guess there is differences in every country.

i have 2 years experience as a car body repairman
    2 years flightschool in usa ( 1000 hrs logged time )
    and 2 years experience on supply vessel.

I guess i am a qualified candidate since i made it trough too the interviews, but would be nice if anyone know what the interview is like.

thanx in advance 🙂

John Devanney
    Participant

From my experience…

You have to know your sh1t.

Arthur Richardson
    Participant

🙁 I havent been online for quite sometime and am too late to read this. I didnt get the email that there was a job hiring for Ss7 🙁 ..is the position closed now?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

…..Subsea 7 is a great company to work for. Grats to those who made it in. I envy you……

Not too sure about this somewhat misplaced new found love for SS7??

SS7 is a BIG company but please don’t read into that, that they are great to work for. When they start hitting you with 20% withholding tax with no explanation as to where the money eventually ends up you might need to have a rethink.

I’ll make no bones about it…. If they want you they’ll use you. If they don’t want you they’ll drop you as quick as hell!

In general SS7 are likely no better or worse than the spread of offshore companies that work out of Aberdeen. Except that you can’t help but notice how big SS7 is. Big companies = hard hitting corporate decisions to maximise profits and please the shareholders.. not the employees.

Steven
    Participant

I have a date for an interview with SS7 also, I am also naturally concerned about what may pop up in the test.
    I am an electrical maintenance tech/controls engineer who deals mainly with PLC programming. I have knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics but unsure as to what level of knowledge is expected i these fields.

Would people suggest that i spend time beforehand getting back up to speed with pneumatic/hydraulic/electrical/electronis symbols etc? The schematics my company use are quite unique and considering I have been using only them for over 10 years, i may need to scrub up in that department.

Any advice on this thread or by PM would be massively appreciated.

stephen moir
    Participant

Hi mate i have an interview on the 7th of november was feeling fine about it until i read this section lol

whens your date?

steve

Steven
    Participant

Mon 5th mate, looks like an interesting job!

Best of luck buddy.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar