Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rates are increased

Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rates are increased

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Stop all ROV work worldwide until Day rates are increased

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    oilypipe
    Participant

Calling all brave ROV souls out there, I hear all this talk about unions and pay rates but nothing gets done? Lets for once be united like the divers last year and STOP all ROV work world wide and get the day Rates increased 25% across the board.

They are making a killing off us.

It’s time to stop talking and lets take action, Let’s pick a date and stop all work.

Regards
    Oilypipes

oilypipe
    Participant

To all person’s please just don’t read this and walk away voice your thought and opinions as we will all benefit from an all ROV work stoppage.

This is finally your chance to speak up and stop being the lowest paid profession in the offshore world.

Let’s all unite and pick a day where all ROV operations around the world will come to a Halt for a 25% pay increase to all ROV positions.

All ROV operators please support your employees when the time comes.

Regards
    oilypipe

oilypipe
    Participant

Were not saying this work stoppage is going to start tomorrow, What we are looking to do is stop all ROV work just after the New year. Sometime around January.

We need everyone’s support in this effort to make the difference. Even the big ROV operator’s out there like SS7, Technip, Oceaneering, Sonsub, Canyon, Dofsubsea, etc. Please support and keep your personnel advised to when a stoppage start’s. You the companies will also benefit from this work stoppage, it translate’s in to getting higher day rates for personnel and equipment.

We will post on this website when the stoppage will occur. Everyone and anyone is free to make suggestions or comments.

Regards
    Oilypipe

Anonymous

Is that "we" as in all three of you? Oilypipe, Oilypipe and Oilypipe??

Savante
    Participant

I love a rallying call from an anonymous !! Hoo haaar, charge!!!!! 😆

SGB
    Participant

Excellent suggestion Comrade……apart from one tiny thing….it is Bollocks.

For all the militants out there please appreciate that the income agreed for Contracts may have been priced up on in 2006 or 2005. If the additional costing incurred from the time contracts are signed to completion and billing is included there will be not enough left in the kitty to afford 25 % pay increases. Some Company’s are finding more money for pay rises but at what cost? would you be happy if the investment in equipment was reduced to satisfy your short term hunger for money. The industry is investing heavily to provide for long term goals. The only goal for any business is to remain in business, I suggest you look at your Company’s P & L and Balance Sheet.
    Learn about Economics and you will appreciate you catch more flies with honey.

Going on strike is arcahic and will increase the notion of employing equally qualified crews from countries such as India or Poland. Equal qualifications with far less wage expectations.

oilypipe
    Participant

SAV, SGB

The both of you gentleman sounds like real company men perhaps office jockeys at best? surely the Price of Cigarettes and a pint of Aberdeen’s finest have gone up in price? So why shouldn’t our day rates?

Would you rather wait for Uni0n’s to step in a negotiate a rate for us and then have to pay Uni0n dues?

Also lads when I refer to "we" this means that yes there is a group of us spread out on system’s in the GOM, North Sea, Africa, Canada, The Med and Asia.

The idea behind "oilypipe" is that 10 of us all working in differents parts have the password. That way we can keep up on updating everyone on our goal of increasing everyone’s day rate to what should be the current level of pay for our highly technical ability.

Sav and SGB please support your lads offshore. Don’t worry the 25% increase won’t affect your office bonus or your back handers.

cheers

Oilypipe

SGB
    Participant

Its not the case of not supporting the offshore crews its a matter of basic economics. Every one agrees the best asset Company’s have is the personnel but demands of 25% pay increase or strike action will result in some radical action. All the major Company’s are investing heavily in new systems and new vessels this will hopefully produce more work for more people. Money has been allocated for this very purpose. To stand a realistic chance of getting money you need to read and understand the Financial records of your Company and don’t fall into the mistake of looking at the Gross Profit and screaming look lots of money for poor under paid pilot techs.

It really is ever so simple the entity must survive financially and must, well try to balance the books. If strike action happens it will lose contracts and if anyone thinks that any service Company can renegotiate contracts to pay for 25% pay increase you will be so disappointed.

Patience is key – salaries will go up before the current boom takes a slide.

Strike action is not the way forward.

PS I wouldn’t use Inflation (CPI 2.1 % or RPI 4.2 % for October) as a foundation for demands for pay rises because they may feel that demands of 25% is boardline greedy!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

SGB , I agree with you there and that should count as a warning to the Orifice as well 😈
    No more excuses The year is ending and a new year ANdD contracts is starting ………………………… Lets see whether you Orifice muppets put Trainees as part of the team and not additional hands on the contracts 👿
    If by chance I see the USUAL Orifice tactics by fobbing the Oil/Gas industry , putting pressure on the guys by having to baby sit half the team while the management still charge full wack for them………………..
    Then it means only one thing GREEDYNESS 😥
    You Orifice workers deserve the loss of your job 👿
    The big Bravado about " Ah we got you a job out there ! be grateful " 😯
    Just remember………………….. If we do not DO the job………………
    YOU do not have a wage or a job………It goes in circles dear chap……. 8)
    More tea anyone ? 🙂

SGB
    Participant

You shouldn’t treat all office workers as spineless manipulative golf playing tossers some of us spent an awful long time offshore before making the move onshore. Some of us appreciate what happens offshore and are grateful for all the sacrifices you make, crappy vessels and crew changes cancelled at the drop of a hat.
    I moved onshore to try to influence the mind frame, lets not forget the vast majority of engineers and managers have not spent much time onboard vessels never mind gone offshore and picked cockroaches out their bunk.
    There are are ways and means of doing everything but caution is needed to be succesful.

Remenber contracts are now being signed for work in 2, 3 or 4 years ahead. End of the year means nothing, its end of the financial year is more relevant. Time to negotiate hard is then, when everyone is busy and demand for ROV crews are at the highest. Thats the time to negotiate not in the winter when lots of personnel are at home who can be sent out to replace the militant strikers, in the summer they will have no one to call.

By the way the Contracts are agreed without any mention of Trainees. No Company would sign to agree to pay for Trainees they want certain experience and qualifications etc, obviously they know there will be Trainees sent out but they can be sent back by the Client. Every trainee in this business has been sent out under this. This is not a new concept and it will continue unless the major companies start to accept lower qualifications.

ps I don’t mind losing my job I will gladly go back offshore, more money than GPs and its tax free and half the year off. Yippee and its always someone else fault!

Savante
    Participant

Having just spent most of the last 6 months living in conditions akin to an eastern siberian goulag (a 20ft container welded to the top of another 20ft container on the backdeck of a psv with no aircon and airflow provided by a friggin garden leaf blower sucking air straight out the flow of the ships funnels – hooo haa, you try sleeping without it – AIRTIGHT – headaches were aweful). I sh*te thee not. Oh yeah, and basically just a two man crew providing 24 hour floating coverage. I was borrowing 2 ships crew just to launch and recover.

A shower room that was practically unsanitary and lethal in all but the most meagre of vessel rolls and experiencing 8-9m seas whilst my norwegian brethren sleep soundly in their posture-pedic matressed, air conditioned, plasma screened, onsuite bathroom, bed-rooms) we slept two to a cabin on the same shift and I had to sleep on a matress that I eventually threw off the mezz deck and thought about soaking in scotchkast to keep the bugs in.

Oh yeah, and the classic was having to walk across the LARS in seastate 6-7 to get to your scratcher in high seas.

The utter ball-ache was the letter from the beach, posted on the mess wall, offering any norwegian sleeping in a cabin with another chap (even when they’re in back to back shifts!!) an extra 20 quid a day!

I can only agree that money is what compensates the crap working conditions. The contrast between ours and the highly unionised Norwegian work force was never so stark to me.

Push the boundary slowly though and carefully! The new builds are coming so working conditions are going to be better for a start! The way things are going, people are being asked for by name and companies are willingly paying the premium to run a job without hassles associated with low quality staff.

Everyone knows that the price paid to rov crews will have to increase – the bounce started in 2004/2005 and so project managers have had ample warning and will have budgeted for it. Those that haven’t have been loosing staff and vehicles.

Chill out and let the market forces take their toll. 😆 😆

Savante
    Participant

….

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Do you want to come to a party smally boy 😀
    All those in favour of more pay , Raise your pint glass 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Pondlife Raise your babysham 😀

Savante
    Participant

nah, I’d rather drink to another prosperous year of high utilisation and my next battle with HMRC to get my SED! 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar