Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Superintendent role

Superintendent role

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Superintendent role

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Andy Shiers
    Participant

Ah , 😀
    You mean like OCM’s 😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I’ve not been interested in taking that job again for quite a few years. Happy as a pig in #hit being a shift supv. (especially nights!)

piedpiper
    Participant

What concerned me is that this thread was started by someone working offshore who was unsure of the roles and responsibilities of the top person involved with the ROV on a day to day basis.

lucky jim,

the thread was started as a bit of tongue in cheek, wondering if the role meant ‘upsetting the troops and supping coffee with the skipper’ it wasn’t meant to be serious. I wouldn’t get concerned over it too much.

piedpiper

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Got a chuckle out of it meself Pied! 😆 😆 😆

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ive always said Sub Eng was the best position. No shit dealing with clients or office. Left to get on with the the flying and fixing 😀 😀

rovrave
    Participant

Ray, you took the words right out of my mouth.
    can’t fly, can’t fix, just type and talk?….then send the company secretary.

i think that’s the point some of the boys are trying to make. Why are some of these guys (supt’s) paid so much just to type and talk.

When the shit goes down you need somebody you can lean on for operational and technical advice and direction. Sadly some of these guys fall well short. Maybe that applies to all grades but seems to me for shortcomings, the percentages go well up in the Superintendant grade.

To be fair there are some pretty good ones too. Who look out for your asses and don’t let dumb f**k client reps pressure you into diving in impossible conditions. It’s good to have a good supt to take the heat sometimes. but again the company secretary from my last company could do that well as she was like a rabid dog (the lovely Ms A****)

luckyjim37
    Participant

Damn I missed the humour in the thread thinking it was a serious conversation pertaining to life offshore and the working practices within the ROV industry 😆

Next time after a few beers I will not respond to any threads instead I will watch telly and drink more beer.

Have a good New Year guys and happy Mahogany.

Like the idea of an offshore Secetary will she be fit like some of the onshore office girls 8)

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Now you are being a chauvanistical pig 😀

luckyjim37
    Participant

😆

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar