Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions system selection

system selection

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions system selection

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    LukeD
    Participant

Sounds to me like buggered software needs reloading 😕

Alex Kerr
    Participant

Hello again chaps, more on system selection-

Looks like we are going for a panther plus, but am being asked for a reasonably accurate estimate on an annual support budget. 🙄

Any pointers on regular breakdown maintenance, "say, does it usually go through a valve pack every so many hours?, does the thruster gearing fall over if working balls out for a long period?, I know the manips are Hydrolek, and I’ve had problems with the wrist rotate on these.

If anyone can provide their experiences of this type of maintenance which would let me put a price on it I’d appreciate the help guys".

Alex Kerr
    Participant

Good grief chaps!- no thoughts, experiences, tales to tell?.
    Lostboy, Ray, savante, numpty, —fields? anyone?, I need to put a price on this stuff by the end of the month!.– 🙄 😉

Ray Shields
    Participant

Sorry, I have no idea, I’ve only just done the Panther training course and the only work I’ve done on one so far is fixing the one in the workshop so we could do the training on it 😀

downthere
    Participant

Costing your maintenance budget will relate directly to the type of work you are intending doing with the vehicle and the maintenance time your contract allows so your people can repair the vehicle. Your utilisation of the system will be the deciding factor in the maintenance cost.

Regular Mobs / Demobs will also take their toll and if you have to leave the system unmanned for periods you will certainly see the effect in the balence sheet.

There is no real reason you will need to replace major assets within the first 2-3 years due to wear-out but you must consider your stock holding (or your suppliers if you are going to rely on them to keep you going) as you will need to cover your system while parts (PCBs ect.) are away being repaired. Lead times for repair items are very long at present so this needs to be factored in.

If you are a single system operator (I am guessing you are) then your maintenance costs per system will be far higher than larger operators due to their ability to swap spares around systems. So again the cost of maintaining a particular ROV to a rival company is not a reliable indicator as to what it will cost your company.

Most of the people on here are unaware of the costs of maintaining a system as they are the people working the systems rather than onshore based personnel dealing with this issue. Maintenance costs of individual systems is confidential information and its highly unlikely that you will get reliable help in this direction. My advice would be to ask your supplier to give guidance on repair costs and lead times and form your own opinion based on this guidance as to what you will need to budget for from year to year.

Alex Kerr
    Participant

cheers for that, got most of that already and costed the programmed weeklies / monthlies, mobs and demobs. What I’m short of is do specific boards fold regularly?, the p&t, the Hydrolek manips?- or is the panther the most reliable system out there and we will never have to replace anything for the next five years, (that was a joke by the way!).
    For info we are not new to the Seaeyes, we hold a couple of Falcons, but our core equipment are Perry’s . 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar