Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Technip pay rises????????

Technip pay rises????????

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Technip pay rises????????

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    ROV_Monkey
    Participant

Edited

cheeko
    Participant

Thing is i know of upwards of 20 people who are all thinking the same, they are looking to leave the industry because the pay is not even remotely like that of other workers in the offshore industry. They would be able to leave and get a job onshore for basically the same cash.
    Lets face it we are all in it for the money and not because we love being sent to these lovely floating "hotels" or the "beautiful" far flung places in the middle of nowhere and certainly not for the joy of working for our esteemed employers.

Mrhappy
    Participant

Rumour has it that Canyon has just gone ahead with a 25 percent payrise!! can anyone confirm??

rovinsider
    Participant

It surprices me that " Old Hands " are leaving since they can command more pay / deal than most.

The rate is only as good as you are.

ROVinsider

piedpiper
    Participant

why not leave ? if they don’t want to pay the going rate they will end up with the dregs, and so will their reputation. The rates are going up and should be for a good while yet. Look at the rates a certain agency are paying (U**S) the rates they are advertisng are a bad joke, simple answer look at the rates on this site, if you are not getting minimum of £300 as a P/T they are taking the piss.

piedpiper

Rovbubble
    Participant

Hello all, I’ve just heard that the lads from the naff pop band have just been told that there is no way they are going to receive a payrise till July and that will only be the usual amount. 😆

wonderboy
    Participant

Hi people

I work for Technip and I can confirm to you that this is 100% true. It is 44% over two years. The other companies involved in the working group that came to this decision, are, I believe, Subsea 7 and Acergy.

Should we join the RMT – strength in numbers? Perhaps. In my former life I used to derive a great deal of amusement from the contradictory juxtapose "Military Intelligence". These days, I’m almost as tickled by the similar one "ROV" and "Team".

All the best, dprover.

I wouldn’t be too sure ! The story going around the last day or 2 is that after the 25% we are not going to mirror the rest of the RMT agreement.

Not long to go and we will find out for sure!

piedpiper
    Participant

I’ve seen a few posts on here that said people had it in writing that we were getting the 44.7% I never got written confirmation of that, did anybody ?
    When we got the 25% it didn’t actually say that either, just a letter to state we had had a pay increase (although it was 25%) so all of you who are saying we are getting this and that methinks you were only assuming. Must admit I assumed aswell, but I guess we will have to wait until April the first to find out. Quite an apt day to find your not getting a payrise.
    As I havn’t been there long, it doesn’t bother me like some of the guys who have hung in there for a few years while they been getting shitty rises.

piedpiper

JStein
    Participant

Same here, only got the letter with 25%. Surprisingly enough that is where it has stayed. No more for us so certainly not worth jumping over to Technip on a promise of more jam.

Was the 44% a bit of a cunning rumour that management were prepared to let do the rounds whilst they were waiting to see what everybody else was offering. The promise of more to come did the trick of keeping some people here.

Guess the management cartel of all the companies had there gathering and halted ROV pay rises at that level.

If the current rumours are correct then alot of other people have recieved the full rise and ROV types have been left to slum it.

luckyjim37
    Participant

Having looked at some other companies of late the new payrise still does not take the rates massively above other deals I have seen.

Especially when you get no holiday pay as it is in the day rate. No survival courses paid for as it is a part of the day rate you have to buy your own boots at Technip and can end up in the position of being out of pocket for travel as that is in the dayrate.

Or have the contracts changed as well.

Seems that you could be better off overall with Fugro or Sonsub when you consider the overall packages available.

Maybe these companies should start paying out of the UK with standardised contracts then it would be the level of service the company gives its staff that would decide where people worked not the just the dayrate.

All this talk of Unions is not needed. IMCA, OPITO, UKOAA should already be ensuring that staff offshore are trained well and are being paid a fair rate to be offshore and if need be protect the British jobs in the British sector at least.

Why should we have to pay even more of our wages out to Unions. Especially when guys on Offshore Installations are paying huge amounts of tax with no rebate and to be honest for half the year no service from the Government.

piedpiper
    Participant

Technip are giving their guys a payrise backdated to July 1st.
    P/T’s 7%
    Supv’s 7%
    System Supv 6%
    Supt 5%

so most actually got more than the last RMT payrise of 5% in April.

piedpiper

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar