Home Forums Jokes! Have a Laugh! :) Tether mismanagement

Tether mismanagement

Home Forums Jokes! Have a Laugh! :) Tether mismanagement

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant
    T-Boy
    Participant

I had to stop watching it half way through 👿

I was waiting for a Rolf Harris voice to say Have you guessed what it is yet? That’s right they are knitting a scarf

Frustrating, but hey, if companies will insist on paying peanuts and employing monkiess what more can you expect ? — Downtime by having to fanny around….now that’s commercial sense for you ❓

Craig Thorngren
    Participant

I’m not sure what or who led to that mess, but the two pilots who cleared it out did a dam fine job! I mean going from that spaghetti mess to free and clear to navigate in 22 minutes, using two different ROV’s is something I’d be showing off! Nice job to the two pilots who ever they are!

Chief

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Absolutely brilliant, and full marks to the person that added it to U-Tube 🙂

Definite proof that it’s easy to potentially run up a bill, to the tune of millions of any currency, in short order!

My guess is the day shift screwed up and it took both shifts (after midnight) to get the mess sorted out. Judging by the wires it was well head work-over stuff so, as there wasn’t much of that going on in Europe with TSM, probably Oz and the ROV’s were operating off the DSV Havila Harmony.

I’m sure someone will pop up and add some corrections 😉

Andy Shiers
    Participant

So it was an Australian job then 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

You know ……… 😕
    The mind boggles how anyone could get themselves in that mess ,
    ……………………………. With fantastic viz 😯

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

This vid was recorded during work in the Vincent Field (Woodside) offshore Australia.

TSMarine: The project marked a number of other milestones.

This circus act was probably one of them.

Savante
    Participant

is that a sils they were lowering down then??

subseascott
    Participant

Top job to the 2 that untied the knot!! How did things end up in such a bad situation in the first place??

DJansen
    Participant

How did things end up in such a bad situation in the first place??

The Superintendent probably came down to ‘have a fly around’ while the Supervisor was off for his lunch 😆 😆

Wonder if they could have sorted this one out ?

dscf0283_191.jpg
    dscf0283_191.jpg

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Silly question Subseascott…. we’ve all seen it (on a much smaller scale)….. all had a (smaller) tangle-up of our own….

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Djan,

Where (what region) was the above? Vehicle looks slightly familiar….

DJansen
    Participant

It’s a Sealion… Somewhere in Asia. A mate of mine sent me the pic some years back..

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Yep…. thought it was a Sealion (Rigworkers were the only other vehicle that sometimes had the silly white buoyancy). Asia…… mind you, could’ve been anywhere…. There really are a buncha drongos about thanks to the "schools".

Joel
    Participant

Bravo, nice job getting that mess sorted. Good to see there are still some decent pilots around.

JW

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar