Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion The £ and agencies

The £ and agencies

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion The £ and agencies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    liddelljohn
    Participant

many of the agencies seem to want to only pay in £ when i am sure that many of us wish to get $ or possibly € .Now the pound is hitting new lows against other currencies …will you accept it as gospel when the agencies say only pay in UK £ …….its an effective big paycut to get £ instead of $ .The agencies are often getting $ on their contracts.

Opinions please.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Not much to give an opinion as it seems pretty straight-forward to me…. Management has in the past and (more so) now done what they can to Hoover your pay into / back to their own hands. What do you need an opinion for when that’s the way us arseholes have let them get away with it (and it’s getting increasingly worse) whilst we wear our "I’m aw’right Jack hats"? A no-brainer…..

luckyjim37
    Participant

The pound works for me. Oh yeah cos I live in the UK dollars would not get me very far 😆

Robert Branch
    Participant

Me,Me bloody Me thats all we ever get from you…Teamwork in the ROV industry you would have to be shitting me…

liddelljohn
    Participant

must be fun to work with these ME ME ME guys ….I dont think!

The agencies and companies are giveing us one up the jacksy and the ME guys spit in our faces …that the ROV team alright.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

The pound works for me. Oh yeah cos I live in the UK dollars would not get me very far 😆

But you can do UK rates? There’s only a few companies that are actually paying close to old rates…

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I have to agree….. me! me! me!…. How selfish can one person get??

star
    Participant

Also speaking of agencies and the pound.. is it just ME.. or are the agencies and companies trying to shaft us with day rates , saying its being slow blah blah so we can only give this rate(low) ? 😯

Ryan Dunning
    Participant

From our side we would always look to agree day rates in the currency we are paid in by the client. This avoids exposure, on both sides, to fluctuating exchange rates.

Once all is agreed we’d happily pay you in whatever you please, using the agreed daily rate converted into the currency of you choice at the current exchange rate on the day of payment.

liddelljohn
    Participant

so an agency gets paid in $ in jersey or singapore offers me a job in £ which i then have to convert back to $ ….hmmmmm seems every body the client,agency and the banksters win except me.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

so an agency gets paid in $ in jersey or singapore offers me a job in £ which i then have to convert back to $ ….hmmmmm seems every body the client,agency and the banksters win except me.

Liddle,

That about sums it up in a nutshell in our sorry, sad-sack-o’-shit industry we are in…. Surveyors, riggers, (soon to happen) cooks, are (will be) on better rates than us and IT’S OUR OWN FARQIN’ FAULT!!!

Robert Branch
    Participant

Your not wrong there Scott..Especially here in Oz the riggers are on more than ROV,plus they get all the extra construction bonus etc,but oh no not ROV…Survey I think are on a bit less,the cooks are definately catching up.Definately,Definately time for a change of career..for me….becoming a cook is looking very attractive at the moment,and plenty of work unlike the ROV industry..

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Your not wrong there Scott..Especially here in Oz the riggers are on more than ROV,plus they get all the extra construction bonus etc,but oh no not ROV…Survey I think are on a bit less,the cooks are definately catching up.Definately,Definately time for a change of career..for me….becoming a cook is looking very attractive at the moment,and plenty of work unlike the ROV industry..

I was a pretty good sous chef before… maybe… just maybe!

Ryan Dunning
    Participant

No John if we are paid in $ your rate is in $. If we get £ your rate is in £. In what currency it gets transfered to your bank is your choice.

Sit Rep
    Participant

I was a pretty good sous chef before… maybe… just maybe!

It wasn’t in N’Orleans was it Scott? Shades of Apocalypse Now when riverine patrol boat cook shoots up jungle after seeing tiger.

"that man’s too wound up for Viet Nam, Hell that man was too wound up for New Orleans"

Yes, yes I know I digress 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar