Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Tigershark ROV chainblocks

Tigershark ROV chainblocks

Home Forums ROV ROV Technical Discussions Tigershark ROV chainblocks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert Black
    Participant

Hi All

Has anyone ever used one of these chain blocks in anger? Are they easy to use/deploy? Are they effective/powerful enough? Are there any other similar items on the market that I am unaware of that are better?

Thanks in advance.

KOps

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Can you provide us with a link to the manufacturers website for information about these chain blocks?

Robert Black
    Participant

http://www.williamhackett.co.uk

I tried uploading the pdf but it too big.

DJansen
    Participant

I’ve used regular chain blocks with a sub. Can only say the tigershark one looks like an improvement. If only because it had a ROV friendly handle.
    Guess it will really depend on if it is going to be rigged in place on the surface and then released subsea. Or whether it is going to be deployed and rigged subsea to perform a lift/pull. In that case I’d want to see how it hangs and whether the opening of the hook is unobstructed.. I doubt it would hang as illustrated on their site.. So would need some more rigging or bouyancy..

tc1
    Participant

Ive used this companies products many times before without problems,however this is the first time I have seen this piece of equipment.
    Looking at the configuration on the drawings and the weights involved in the arm and motor,I would suggest attaching the piece with the ROV friendly handle in the lower position.I suspect in all other positions it will be subject to imbalance and will move around with the tide like a flag in the wind.Even though the handle will be in the down position it will still be subject to an imbalance to the side due to the weights but I think it may be workable to connect.
    Once connected and slight tension taken I would think that the imbalances will be wiped out and it should be operable ,however you may have small problems with chain twist until a good load comes on the equipment.
    I would be very interested in your assessment following your operations.
    Good Luck

Robert Black
    Participant

DJ and Tc, Thanks for the very constuctive comments. I’m asking for a mate at another firm. When and if he uses them I’ll let you all know how they faired. Cheers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar