Home Forums General General Board TMS Guards

TMS Guards

Home Forums General General Board TMS Guards

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Andy Shiers
    Participant

Not Scott though 😀

reg
    Participant

According to regulations used for Audits – etc,
    GUARDS – must be fitted when machinery is operated.

However if you call them doors they can be left off – problem solved.

"remove the TMS doors!!"

Newer pssl tms’s have guards around the chains – these are fitted inside the doors, so the doors can be stacked on the workshop roof.

melvodon
    Participant

Exactly , hinge the guards come doors with quick release hinge systems problem solved .
    Not to expensive and piss easy to remove . If you can hinge the doors you shouldnt have to take it off but if you have to you can .

Ray Shields
    Participant

Exactly , hinge the guards come doors with quick release hinge systems problem solved .
    Not to expensive and piss easy to remove . If you can hinge the doors you shouldnt have to take it off but if you have to you can .

Ive seen hinged one which do make it easier, still a pain in the ass if TMS stacked on top of ROV and you have to work on it up there.

Other big reason for removing the "doors" is to reduce the affect of current on the TMS – can add a hell of a lot to the drag and subsequent pushing about of the TMS.

Stephen Black
    Participant

I was just working on a Rig that made us get a working at heights permit to work on the TMS, when it was stacked, if we put a harness on

But if we did not put a harness on we did not need a working at height permit 😕 😕

I have found the it is best to split the system when working on it anyway

Murray Blom
    Participant

Lostboy….

Aren’t you at present working on a system WITHOUT guards on either the TMS or the ROV and using it to play with bubleheads????

Shame, shame on you for not thinking of the poor weee bubbleheads.

Last job I was on we had thruster guards with a gap of 15 odd mm on the guard, bubbleheads had sat umbilicals of 75 odd mm dia. and we weren’t allowed within 10 meters of them by law (Risk Assesment) in case their umbs got in the thrusters (seaeye electrical ones not decent hydraulic ones)….. that is unless they needed us to get closer……

Result od a bunch of paper pushing w..kers onshore scared shitless for their job if they didn’t produce mounds of crap each week…. you wouldn’t believe the Power Point presentations we got each month with all the saftey bullshit graphed and colour coded etc. kept some twat in a job for 18 months++

ROV_VALLEY_COMMANDO
    Participant

Ive seen hinged one which do make it easier, still a pain in the ass if TMS stacked on top of ROV and you have to work on it up there.

Other big reason for removing the "doors" is to reduce the affect of current on the TMS – can add a hell of a lot to the drag and subsequent pushing about of the TMS.

Ray, twice i’ve disagreed with you within a week, Slingsby TMS, Hinged doors, fekin nightmare!!!!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

ROVsuper, If the bubbleheads can get to the tms I am working on at the moment they have a serious bending problem 😆

crusty
    Participant

dont paint it
    sooner r later the guards/hinges rust off

Ray Shields
    Participant

Ray, twice i’ve disagreed with you within a week, Slingsby TMS, Hinged doors, fekin nightmare!!!!

Which bit of me did you disagree with? All I said is Ive seen them with hinges and its still a pain in the ass. The other quote was someone elses…

Angry
    Participant

Did here of a tech losing digits on a chain and sprocket on the TMS on deck. Then we all had to fit some guards again.

He was a Ozzy though.

Yeah he is known these days as FINGERS.

shamandane
    Participant

FINGERS ?? i thought it was TWAT

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar