Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Too old??

Too old??

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Too old??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stevemiddie
    Participant

Hi,

Ok…..I have read the noobie FAQ,s but I do need some advice………..even if its blunt and painful. 🙂

Considering the ROV course at FM. Background……….HNC, hydraulics ( underground coal mining ) . I keep current online with stuff about hydraulics but thats about it. Previously worked as a rousty for 4 years before it started to wreck my marriage.

Anyway…………marriage wrecked now. Am I too old to get back in as a ROV trainee? I,m 51. 🙁

The best advice I can give is……….
    Get your CV sorted
    Email it to as many companies as you can find
    Back it up with a courtesy call
    Or get yourself around the companies personally(mostly ABZ) and ask to speak to somebody of importance.NOT the secretary!even if she does make a nice cup o tea!
    I know of quite a few trainees over 50 who were ex RAF taken on by companies.
    I would do this before forking out on a course………….

waynemb17
    Participant

Ste
    Would like too have some old guys who will get stuck in at 50 plus from civvie street than some 50 year plus guy from the RAF who has been a squadron leader and wont sqrub decks or any thing below him. Peck away and if you want it enough it will come your way. I have just done a trip with a 50+ ex fisherman and at least he had a bit of common sense regards sea hazards.

Good luck

Stevemiddie
    Participant

CV will be sorted by tomorrow.

Thanks for responding. Thought I would ask the question before possibly wasting my time.

Thanks guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar