Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Trainee intake

Trainee intake

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Trainee intake

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Optic
    Participant

Does anyone know when companies like Fugro, Acergy, Oceaneering ect. Are starting their trainee recruitment?

thanx

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Try around April .
    The ROV companies by then , know if they have been awarded contracts and have jettisioned the muppet pilots by not renewing their contracts leaving a gap to be filled by potential good pilots and more muppets 😀

Ray Shields
    Participant

Does anyone know when companies like Fugro, Acergy, Oceaneering ect. Are starting their trainee recruitment?

thanx

Fugro Rovtech in Aberdeen are taking on about 8 trainees every 2 months, they have not stopped taking people on for the last 2 years.

rovbionic
    Participant

Acergy have some people on the beach due to some temp set backs in mob dates.I think they are finished their recruitment drive and not running the Schilling ACV courses.

backeyeburner
    Participant

Try Subsea 7 and Oceaneering mate, they seem to have been the biggest recruiters over the last couple of years, and are i still beleieve recruiting?

Andy Birchall
    Participant

Grapevine/little bird told me that Fugro have reserved places on regular courses at the Underwater Centre for trainee ROV Pilot/Techs. I’ve applied to them for trainiee post and been rejected. Same for at least one of the other guys I did my UWC course with. Let’s put the possibility that both of us blissfully unaware that we are clearly muppets aside for now. It is possible that for Fugro to pay for those course places it isn’t cost effective for them to ALSO take on guys already trained on such a course.

It appears they’re only taking people on who they can put through the course themselves.

I could be gripping the wrong end of the stick, though. Can anyone confirm either way?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar