Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Trainee’s from Marine background

Trainee’s from Marine background

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Trainee’s from Marine background

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Shearer
    Participant

Hi all, I have read thorugh the FAQ’s etc and found the mass of information very useful.

I was just wandering if there are any guys out there who have transferred across form a Marine Background and how they found the transition.

I am a 4th engineer holding a Class 2 CoC and I have just started on a dive support vessel after several years deep sea. its opened my eyes to the other opportunities out there and just trying to figure out now if I will require to undertake some more traibnign or if I should be bookign on a pilots course and lookign for trainee positions. I’m aware the market is quite saturated at the moment.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

robin brooke
    Participant

With your background you should be fine. Why not go to the ROV shack and get the name of the ops manager, and ask the guys what they think ? Far better getting the crack off them, than some of the fossils on here.

There is a lot of requirment for ROV guy’s with experience, not too much for trainees. At the moment you probably have set leave patterns, good cabin, and better pay than a trainee… do you really want to give that up ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar