Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Training Charges

Training Charges

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Training Charges

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Bridgett
    Participant

Oceaneering are now charging applicants for training!!!!

Here’s the ‘welcome’ letter.

———————————————————————————–/-/-

Subject: Oceaneering – ROV Trainee Pilot Technician Courses

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in Oceaneering, the Training course offered is now a paid program.

The cost of the course is $13,334 USD and includes the following:

· Attendance to the 25 day Oceaneering ROV Training Course

· Hotel in Singapore, max 2 night stay

· Transportation from hotel to Batam Training Centre

· 1 month work visa

· Hotel in Batam, max 26 night stay

· Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

· Daily Laundry

· Internet Access

Course attendees will have to make their own arrangements to travel to Singapore and must have completed their BOSIET survival training and Offshore medical before commencement.

The course curriculum is the same content and high standard training that Oceaneering is renowned for.

Attendance to the Training Course does not guarantee employment however Oceaneering does have vacancies for entry level ROV Pilots and will be conducting formal assessments throughout the course with a view to offering employment to the candidates that perform best.

Places are limited and there is a selection process to identify the most suitable candidates to attend the course.

The selection process is as follows:

· Minimum qualifications, vocational training and/or experience

· Successful completion of the Oceaneering online Assessment

· Interview

If you are interested in continuing your application then please let us know.

Regards,

Xxxxxxxxxx| Recruitment Coordinator – Africa, Middle East & Caspian

aquaman
    Participant

Hi Innerstate I just posted on this on another topic… I got the same email and thought it could be a hoax…. In all my years in the offshore world Ive never been requested by a potential employer to pay for a course at their facility with the uncertainty of employment. Mine is still valid for another 6 months but add the cost of the BOSIET and flights and medical its the best part of $18K. I just dont have that kind of money right now.

I stupidly did the course in the Philippines many years ago and what a freaking waste of money that was so am a bit reluctant to go back down that road. what are your thoughts? will you be following up on it?

John Bridgett
    Participant

No, I’m already in the game 2 years now and working my way up the ladder, I make coffee and tea! It was another potential trainee that sent it to me.

My thoughts are Oceaneering are shooting themselves in the foot here, there may be many baled guys with the right skill set to be a perfect candidate for ROV training but don’t have 15k and there will be those second or third best choices that do have 15k the net result is you’ve saved a bit short term but you haven’t selected the best people. That in turn will cost them in the long run.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar