Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Training course in Philipines

Training course in Philipines

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Training course in Philipines

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    TheBaron
    Participant

Count me in ❗

LukeD
    Participant

If you want to get the flying time in , why not invest all the money they charge into a VideoRay system 🙂
    Then you can go around the world teaching people how to fly ROV’s in the local swimming baths and write out a certificate saying they are competent 😀
    What an easy way to make money 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Great Idea 😀
    We could open up ROV schools all over the world ,
    It would then keep the ROV courses at a reasonable cost and put a new generation of ROV pilots in the market.
    We can then sleep well at night knowing that we have given something back to the community 😯

TheBaron
    Participant

I’m positively jubilant. I can’t wait for the reams of CV’s. At least I can rest assured about the level of training nowadays. If only XBox 360’s had been around in my day….and ‘Seabotix Seaeyes’ …….and 3 function Navajo’s. By the way, has anyone figured out what the other two functions are yet ❓

Andy Shiers
    Participant

How about ………………..Ignitian switch and Turn on the light when it’s dark 😯

liddelljohn
    Participant

I have done several courses at IDESS they are professional , Blue Rock has good food but rooms are expensive, and watch out for the Philpinas they are snakes.

mudflap
    Participant

there is an ROV school in Waco, TX at Texas State Technical College. its the one that was in houston and run by Lou Crannen.
    http://www.waco.tstc.edu/ct/subsea_robotics.php
    just FYI

ionicwings
    Participant

I heard the ROV course in PH is really bad. Is it true? 😳

TheBaron
    Participant

Ionicwings, an ROV course is only as good as the individual taking the course; i.e. if he/she does not have relevant technical qualifications then all of the course providers are purely cash sinks. Most of us old hands will assert that if you already have the engineering background required, then you have no need to do the course at all! Just because Barry the baker does his course at Fort Bill, will certainly give him no advantage over Brian the baker, who did his course in the Philippines. Both of their CV’s will find their way into file 13.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I must admit , Baz , I have not encountered that many Bakers flying ROV’s offshore or Dentists for that matter 😕 Maybe they were File thirteened 😯
    I have met a gravedigger though 😀 So have you ❗ He had not done a ROV course but he has actually become quite profiecient at flying and learning the trade 🙂
    It’s a funny old game ………… init 🙄

Gordon
    Participant

Thanks Guy’s Sounds like im going to enjoy the courses! 😀

petchy83
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have been to subic on the rov course and i thought it was a joke i learned more sat in the bar talking to OIM and ROV supervisor in 1 hour then i did in the whole 3 weeks, 💡 I am now on a search to become trainee rov pilot and the companys dont seem to be bothered about the subnet course at all, Does any one else feel the same about the course?

sang
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I have been to subic on the rov course and i thought it was a joke i learned more sat in the bar talking to OIM and ROV supervisor in 1 hour then i did in the whole 3 weeks, 💡 I am now on a search to become trainee rov pilot and the companys dont seem to be bothered about the subnet course at all, Does any one else feel the same about the course?

Hi petchy83,
    What are the coure you did?is it 3 in 1 or pilot course? If it is 3 in 1 course,no company will look at it.

liddelljohn
    Participant

I did BOISET/ HUET and some other safety courses at subic.. but decided ROV courses are a big waste of money got a job without doing them and never looked back.and saved myself $loadsamoney.

petchy83
    Participant

Hi,

I did the pilot tech course, gordon the boss at sub net was trying his hardest to get me and a couple of others there to do the 3 in 1 but my uncle is a supervisor at fugro and he said it was a waste of time,
    Does any one know of any one taking on trainee’s i must have tryed 50 companys allready? 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar