Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion TS Marine?

TS Marine?

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion TS Marine?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Autotrader
    Participant

Does anyone know what TS Marine is like to work for?

xcelled
    Participant

Possibly one of the worst companies ever, to work for at the moment.
    I’m sure a lot of other people out there would agree with this statement.

sedco
    Participant

Pour quoi?

xcelled
    Participant

Pour quoi?

I take it you have never worked for them otherwise you would know why!

Autotrader
    Participant

Tx for that, but can you be a bit more specific.

Cabledog
    Participant

Are you a car dealer 😮 😆

Sorry had to ask

Be good
    Dog

sedco
    Participant

I take it you have never worked for them otherwise you would know why!

No I’ve never worked for them like 95% of this forum has probably never worked for them so it would be helpful if you told us why they are one of the "worst companies ever".

It would also give them the chance to defend themselves against faceless accusations if they felt so inclined.

ROV_VALLEY_COMMANDO
    Participant

Cowie Brothers?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Sedco,

You wrote:

No I’ve never worked for them like 95% of this forum has probably never worked for them so it would be helpful if you told us why they are one of the "worst companies ever".

Hmmmmm…. I beg to differ, anyone who has worked for diver controlled / managed companies that bought ROV’s knows the hassels / frustrations. I would nominate Divcon (the SE Asian defunct company – not the Californian one) as the worst ever. Circa 93′ – 95′. (Sorry Roo, but it’s true!! You did go bankrupt!!)

Commando,

You wrote:

Cowie Brothers?

Heh, heh 😆 😆 Ask Allistair about the attempted F1 race using a 40 ft. trailer…..

Autotrader
    Participant

Are you a car dealer 😮 😆

Sorry had to ask

Be good
    Dog

If I’m a cardealer does’t mean you lick you’re balls
    😉

Rovned
    Participant

What’s happening on here?

Someone asks a relevant, straightforward question and gets replies like this resulting in the thread deteriorating into a slanging match. 😕

As sedco said, give us reasons and not idle speculation or rumour (which already have well established positions in the industry).

This seems to be happening with almost every topic. This site is such a good source of information for anyone ROV but I’ve spoken to quite a few lads offshore who won’t reply or have even stopped checking the site due to some of the crap posted. 🙄

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Rovned,

It’s all okay to take the piss on your mates (if you know their handle) but yes, an AKA slagging another AKA is getting tiring and annoying

luckyjim37
    Participant

Ok I will attempt to bring this thread back to the correct level of decorum.

Last year I was involved with a TS Marine/Fugro job in Vigo many of the longer users may recall the threads concerning the client dissing my home boys online and us seeing our bums about it.

Anyway back to the point. TS marine at the time appeared to be on track to be a reasonable company with XLS and Quantum vehicles coming online this year.

The TS marine staff were ok in fact the only problems we had were when a two man shift made up of a Kiwi and an Aussie (Dont mention the Rugby) was put together hand overs were very quiet indeed.

So to finish they seemed to be ok but as with all the new companies there will be a period of development. If I was going to work for one of the smaller companies it would definetly be Hallin Marine. Mark Wood is the man to speak to if anyone is interested

ozsub
    Participant

A friend of mine worked for TS marine in the UK last year, did 2 swings with them but the vessel then went to work in Noggie land and said mate did not want to pay the tax so moved on. He was happy there said it was good had no problems with the company or the job, ROv’s were both just out of the box so they had some issues but apart from that seemed ok.
    The guys who are working out of the Perth office seem quite happy(probably the superstar Aussie rates!) but have not heard anything bad about the company so one would assume they are ok.
    I would have worked for them in oz but not interested in giving 43% of my hard earned to the tax man so until they get work in Asia i’ll still not be working for them.

good luck 😈

joeboy
    Participant

I took a walk onboard one of their ships in Norway at the start of the season(looking for a guy) and i was not impressed with either WROV onboard(quick look only). They looked a bit tatty. A few months later a friend was offered a decent position with them and as these things go a couple of months passed before he decided 1 way or tother. In the end he was told by another guy who was working for TS marine not to bother coming over it wasn’t worth it and he would be better where he was. I also heard about someone being played hard when he wanted a transfer from his location to another. When i hear about smaller outfits i always wonder ‘how’s their safety culture/record’.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar