Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion TS Marine?

TS Marine?

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion TS Marine?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    rovbionic
    Participant

I worked on their MV Botnica vessel and two brand new XLS’s 19 & 20…..best tool house I have seen in a while every thing….I was thru UKPS.

Other than everyone and their dog was jousting to rub shoulders and brown nose it was OK.

I have also worked from Divcon ….infacy I was in sat for them when Global took over…..now there was some dramatics when they ran out of $$$….my mate was Larry Sargent and I never had to bang the drums.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Nope, one didn’t have to bang the drums (Re: Condive) BUT one DID have to threaten to kill the financial controller… 🙄 🙄 🙄

James McLauchlan
    Participant

….and that’s not to mention the time my ex-missus tore Annie Wong off a strip on the phone one day 😀 Sarge was there at the time 🙂

Back on track:
    TS Marine… I work for them through an agency.
    They are like any other small company that is going through growing pains. They generally operate with larger Muliti role vessels, have new ROV systems and are starting to concentrate on their core business of wellhead removal. With that in mind TSM are also paying to train offshore personel in that area… that can’t be said for too many companies these days.

Over the next 24 month two ‘brand new out of the box’ Multi Role vessels will be delivered with one new hull being launched later this year.
    In the meantime TSM are currently operating the Rem Etive and the Normand Flower.

You do need to look at TS Marine more as a vessel/project management company and not simply as an ROV operator.

I’m not leaping to their defence but, there again, I am not saying they are the dogs danglies either. TSM are another startup (well financed it seems) trying to establish themselves in a bullish market place.
    All indications are (as announced to the markets) that TSM are making a profit so I do not see them disappearing any time soon.

I can think of far worse companies to work for and in the past I have done so! Divcon springs to mind as does Saipem (Sonsub) plus CTC are not high on my hit list either.

liddelljohn
    Participant

I have just come off 2 jobs for OC and they have several ex Saipam/Sosub employees who seem to have nothing good to say about s
    Sonsub…

why is that.? money ? attitude probems or what?

Anonymous

Hi
    Sonsub where?

Ewan McKen
    Participant

Hello liddelljohn,

Afraid I dont know the answer.

But at Saipem UK, Sonsub Division we have ex Fugro (+ whoever they took over last week) and S-Club employees, who also have nothing good to say about their previous employers.

I think you should always be able to find something good to say about your previous employers.

For instance, I could say, Fugro had a very nice Xmas Tree in their Car Park this year.

Regards,
    I05

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

IO5 wrote:

I think you should always be able to find something good to say about your previous employers.

Well dude, the hard facts are that nobody and I mean (almost) every company in this business NEVER remembers what good one has done over the years… All that is remembered are the sh*te jobs and any downtime. Once again, another ploy to keep the wages lower than should be. Sad but true… 🙄 🙄 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar