Home Forums General Interesting Websites Underwater Tracking and various other stuff

Underwater Tracking and various other stuff

Home Forums General Interesting Websites Underwater Tracking and various other stuff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

http://www.desertstar.com

Underwater Positioning Systems
    Diver Homing Devices
    Military Reconnaisance Systems
    Underwater Cameras: autonomous
    et al

Thomas
    Participant

We finally, after a long long longgggg time, fixed the website 🙂

Ray Shields
    Participant

It took you 8 months to fix your website?? Doesn’t bode well for the reliability of your equipment or the professionality of the company, does it?

Thomas
    Participant

A VERY valid point!

Our problem was that we were stretched so thin. There are only six full time employees, five of which are partners in the company. Out of those five people, each person does a specific job and some do multiple jobs. Excuses…excuses…

In any event, we finally DID get the website complete (or nearly so). As we are not known in the industry as having the most eye-catching/appealing website, we are known for having products that work. This is what I hope to be able to contribute to ROV World, which a nice website will help to convey.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Your equipment brings back memories 🙂
    I used to test that type of gear out in the eighties for MUSL.

Bill Bulloch
    Participant

Website is looking good Deepstar. Don’t let the depressed and downtrodden on here get to you.
    Websites can be very time consuming and difficult to master. Larger companies can afford to hire in some web design companies to keep their site current and updated, however smaller companies can’t!
    One idea is to find a keen and desperate student who could learn the skills and do it for you. Just don’t piss him off further down the line, he might use your own website against you.
    It would be nice to see some proper feedback regarding your products from the readers on this forum, but probably a bit too much to ask going by past record.
    Wishing you every success in your ventures.
    Cheers,
    ROVDO

Thomas
    Participant

Yeah back in the early 90s when we ‘started up’ we had a guy here who was familiar with graphic design but not really. He managed to whip up a website that stuck for sixteen years. It was outdated, material couldn’t be changed, and other "procedures" to add information were just plain bad!

Last year we dumped a lot of resource money into getting a clean, uncluttered website and I think we achieved that. I wish I could show you the before and after…you would be surprisingly moved.

As far as products go, from what I gather most of the people on here are paid operators. Not a lot of people own and operate their personal ROVs, then again, I’ve been wrong more then once? I’d love to be wrong in this instance because then something could come out of "this" effort.

Anonymous

As far as products go, from what I gather most of the people on here are paid operators. Not a lot of people own and operate their personal ROVs, then again, I’ve been wrong more then once? I’d love to be wrong in this instance because then something could come out of "this" effort.As far as products go, from what I gather most of the people on here are paid operators.

And some of us used to manufacture, install, commission and repair "professional" hydro-acoustics as well, think of a blue dolphin.

Good luck with your venture!

Cheers 😉

liddelljohn
    Participant

Good luck and you have an interesting product,, good websites are not easy …mind you here in Thailand there are some really good website designers on the cheap.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar