Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Unequal pay

Unequal pay

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Unequal pay

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mr W
    Participant

This looks pretty factual to me…

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/uploaded_files/EqualityAct/equalpaycode.pdf

An associated employer means a company over which another company has
    control, or companies over which a third party has control (for example, the
    employer’s parent company).

The definition of establishment is not restricted to a single physical location.
    For example, a woman may claim equal pay with a man doing equal work
    employed by the same council but working in a different geographic
    location.18

Ray Shields
    Participant

Sounds good, let’s hope the Geordie gets a favourable outcome so either our pay will have to go up to Norwegian level (or more likely the Norwegians would be cut lol!) *EDIT* just noticed the case was in 2009, so as this is still ongoing I guess he lost his case? All I can find is a link to the case that decided that offshore WAS part of Great Britain and hence the Race Relations (the law at the time) was applicable.

Only thing I may see is that Norway is not part of the European Union and therefore the Equality Act may not apply to them.

Personal differences between the workers concerned, such as experience
    and qualifications, may be material factors.
    Other examples of possible material factors are:
    • geographical differences, for example London weighting

or in the case of Norwegians, living in a more expensive country?

There was a story about ships crews having to be paid all the same pay, but that was 2 years ago and I believe it still isn’t happening? http://www.payandbenefitsmagazine.co.uk/pab/article/equal-pay-for-seafarers-to-force-out-shipping-companies-1239711

Mr W
    Participant

*EDIT* just noticed the case was in 2009, so as this is still ongoing I guess he lost his case?

The tribunal will try to get judicial mediation. I’m guessing Teekay realised they didn’t have a leg to stand on and he got equality. Maybe not, I couldn’t find an outcome either. Maybe someone can try and contact this guy Grant Dingwall.

And by the way, I was talking to the person who is overseeing the tribunal and explained that all the ROV companies are at and asked if they would all need to abide by a ruling in my favour.

NO EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNALS ARE A CASE BY CASE BASIS. SO I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD START FILLING OUT THEIR ET1 FORMS NOW, AS THIS COULD TAKE SIX MONTHS. RATHER THAN WAIT FOR A RULING IN MY FAVOUR THEN A RULING IN YOURS. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AS THEN YOU MAY BE WAITING FOR A YEAR MAYBE MORE.

Here is the link for the ET1 form. So get your fingers oot!

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/forms/tribunals/employment/ET1.pdf

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar