Home Forums General General Board what is a diver?

what is a diver?

Home Forums General General Board what is a diver?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    back6
    Participant

An oldie but a goody….but I cant resist it -sorry to my diver mates but once more 😉

A lady walked into the police station and said " Sergeant , I was raped by a navy diver…!"
    Sarge replied " Hello Hello hello…why do you say he was a navy diver miss?"

" Well" she said " He had a really HUGE watch…a very tiny penis…and all he did was talk about himself" 🙄

Boom Boom

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Ok , lets put this into perspective.
    Both ROV and Diver work together on many types of work/contracts.
    When you have an expensive piece of equipment that has crapped out on you or got snagged. the diver will come and save your ass !
    Yes many divers are brawn not brain but Not all areas of the world have good rates ( for divers )
    The easiest way of PISSING the divers off is discussing rates. It does not help alot of situations where you have to work alongside them and it’s best not to mention your rate if you work in the Med /Middle east/Africa or Far east as they are the areas where they get the least.
    yes alot of Divers ( either due to age or the money ) have changed over to ROV. Just because they were divers before does not neccesarily mean they are not good pilots,On the contrary,I have found ex divers (not all but alot of them ) to have a better understanding /Concept of flying and a better grasp /experience in offshore activities than alot of fresh out of college ( think it’s a fun video PS2 game ) Dudes.
    So in the interests of harmonization don’t discuss rates.

Cabledog
    Participant

Fellas,

Even shore side in my game at the moment (telecoms) it is the rule on site NOT to discuss rates as it is the easiest way to start an argument. You have to work with the lads around you as a team and get the job done irrespective of the rates people are on. Each person will have agreed that rate before starting the job so it is to late to complain afterwards.

If you are not happy with the rate do not accept the job. 😯

Keep smiling

Sarcy
    Participant

we were not discussing rates although I thnk that the ratesa world wide for bubble heads are improving.

I don’t know whay divers think that they can just switch over to ROV’s when they get too old, tired or fed up – sitting around drinking coffee and reminising about the good old days is not what ROV’s are about, not all the time anyway.

There is the technical side, not just how heavy a weight you can lift or if you can go all shift withoput taking a piss break. All in all I would rather the newbie college guy, he might not be able to tie such nice knots but at least will be willing to listen and do what he is told.

V3
    Participant

Sarcy,

"All in all I would rather the newbie college guy, he might not be able to tie such nice knots but at least will be willing to listen and do what he is told"

Sounds more like you want the newbie "garage mechanic" to dictate to and order around, rather than someone who may have more knowledge and experience in the Offshore Industry, who may be a but more open minded in life and work, who looks at things from another perspective and view, who maybe has a better understanding of what’s down there and who just might have another or better way of doing something other than your single and closed minded way !!

Yes I agree there is a Technical side, but the Technical side doesn’t do the job itself, there still has to be a human interface, Bubblehead, Garage Mechanic or an ex-Parish Priest, makes no difference as long as there is a good Cross Discipline of Personnel that can fly it & fix it and that Cross Discipline is made up of Technical, Experienced, Competent, Efficient and Safe Individuals.

V3

steveallen
    Participant

Well said V3 whats happened to longstreath site????? Havent been able to get on for the last two weeks.
    Back to the topic .
    Ive just been in the GOM and working very closely with oceaneering mags and millenium rovs, The guys were great and what we accomplished as a working team was very impressive to watch ,without ego,s getting in the way,I might be biased having an interest in rovs and helping with maintenance.If you where willing to learn the lads are more than willing to teach you .

V3
    Participant

Steve,

The Longstreath B/B is back up and running again !!

V3

achille
    Participant

hi my friend,

can you put me the earth line for me please…..
    can you take out my beautiful robot operateeeeed vehicle from the platform…….

i am a diver

i think it is acompletely diferent job
    diver must have thinking and good fit
    pilot useful good hands…

any way i appreciate both profesional job

Sarcy
    Participant

"ROV the diver can’t find the job, can you flash your lights?"

"The diver can’t see the crane, can you help?"

"Is the diver on the right flange/spool piece/ wellhead?"

To give just a couple of examples.

And as for a thinking Diver, what does one of them look like?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

He’s one that has got out of the diving industry and is now an ROV Supervisor 😆

rovbionic
    Participant

As in any subject…it is we who have done both deeds that can offer any in sight in such dramatics as the real meaning to "the shite hitting the fan"

Botom line is I survived…some unfortunately did not….but at least they could talk the talk and do the walk…well untill that last stroll for some of them.

If one has the confidents in themselve there is no end to what you can do….whens the last time you really stuck your ass out on a limb Scarey just because you knew you could make it stick?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Uh 😕

Savante
    Participant

en francais… – uh? 😯

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Oh 🙂 I see 😀

Sarcy
    Participant

rovb, have you been drinking?

After 18 years ROVing, a lot of it working with divers, I feel that I can offer an opinion on this subject. I couldn’t care less that you don’t seem to like what I think anyway.

By the way, spelling is not your strong point either is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar