Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Will a degree help?

Will a degree help?

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Will a degree help?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hello,
    Usual story. I have many years experience in electronic engineering (hands on) and a Telecommunications degree.
    I have BOSIET, MIST and Medical.

What are my chances?

I was considering the 3 week course in Fort William, but after reading this forum, i’ve been put off a bit.

Honesty will get you everywhere.

Mike

Roy Simson
    Participant

Hi Mike

You only have to read the the archives on this forum to find the answer to your question .
    At the end of the day your cv will sit on someones desk with a few other thousands all trying to get a foot into the rov industry .

Think of it as playing the lottery some do a course and within a short time there in however there are many others who paid out over 10k and are still looking after 2 years ,Just take your time and go through the archives on this web site and your see the debates that have gone on before .

So should you wish to spend a few thousand pounds on a nice certificate please do so , But will it help you find a rov job I don’t think so .Best you send off to all the main line Rov company’s your experience in electronics & Hydraulics and if they find your back ground is suitable your be put into one of there in house training programs . But there are thousands of trainees like your self some with courses and some without .

At the end of the day luck plays a big part , Your Cv could be the one out of all the other thousands .

Good Luck

Raptor

Savante
    Participant

Whereabouts in Scotland are you based? cv to careers@savante.co.uk

Michael
    Participant

Whereabouts in Scotland are you based? cv to careers@savante.co.uk

Based in Erskine, next to Glasgow Airport

CV sent.

Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar