Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner 7 week course at the underwater centre

7 week course at the underwater centre

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner 7 week course at the underwater centre

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    michael poulter
    Participant

Gents, can you give me some answers about the 7 week ROV course at the the underwater centre. I’m booked to go in June and wanted some insight about the course, accommodation, food, what to do at a weekend etc etc. Is there anybody booked on the same course ?????????

Neill vd berg
    Participant

Hi there Polly,

I cant really reply to youre question but i am
    wondering the same things. I am wanting to
    do the course in october. Maybe you could
    let me know what you think. The only thing i
    know is that fort william and the surrounding
    area are gorgeous!!!

Good luck with the course.

Neill

Ray Shields
    Participant

Well, after paying several thousands of pounds in a training course, if you do not already have a technical qualification and experience background, it will make very little difference in finding a job.

So, good luck with the course!

deepseacon
    Participant

@10,725 GBP for that course at FW what can one say. !!!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoy it what you will gain is up to you, possible luck is needed.

If your so set on doing an ROV Course go to global Marine and pay 4320 GBP.

Keith Erskine
    Participant

Hello, I realise this thread is a little old but I’m gonna ask this anyhow.

deepseacon, why would you reccomend global marine over Fort William? Is it purely financial or do you know something else?

deepseacon
    Participant

purely i dont think that the extra weeks they offer are needed for lets say 90% of people doing a course, you should have a trade and or education all ready.

they are taking advantage.

Ray Shields
    Participant

And the question anyone wishing to attend ANY Training School is – after having shelled out a LOT of money on a course, will it make any difference and help me get a job?

senior
    Participant

My answer through experience is yes do it, as Fugro put their pilots through the three week course, as do Sclub7 and Saipem, If its good enough for the big players adults to make the decision to send them there, then why listen to some people who are bias and have no experience of training schools experience!.
    Some of the previous comments are just pure speculation ( I guess)

Its upto you 😆 😆

deepseacon
    Participant

Senior

The topic was about 7 week course’s.

So your reply does this mean your comments you are saying do a 7 week course??????

I would like to know what you basis your reasons for doing the 7 weeks.

And you guess wrong as well its not speculation.

John Bridgett
    Participant

I’m starting a 3 week course shortly, I already have extensive experience in Electronics, High and Low Voltage electrical, Hydraulics and I’m reasonable with a set of spanners (I managed to extract 380 bhp out of a 1300 engine for example). I’m hoping that the 3 weeks will give me the final tick box to employment. I also have a lot of remote control experience in flying model aircraft and heli’s and also hold a Private Pilots License.

Do you guys think it will be enough?

IS

senior
    Participant

Hi Deep.

I understand that the topic was about the 7 week course, I never needed to take the 7 weeker as I have an ONC in electronics, I sat this befor I got my apprenticeship as a spark.

My reply is as read, do the three week course, it will not hinder their application, if anything it will help them, a little is better than nothing.

No more speculative guesses from me, I just speak from experiences, I could slag of A.N.other that I had to work work with in IRAQ, he was "trained" at subic………….this guy was as much use as a waterproof teabag,
    He was as green as they come!, out on the back deck with flip flops and no hard hat, I struggled to get him to read the manuals, He could not even manage the tether……………ONE job I was glad to get back from, but, but ,but…….we all started somewhere.

Senior

deepseacon
    Participant

Yes i also met one guy who did a course at Subic but CV said different and yes he did get caught out.

I just wanted to make clear that there is a big difference between doing a 3 week course and 7 week course.

I see no problem with a 3 week course if come from a suitable background or will get one really just go where a good course is of good value.

The 7 week course is of no use to most and will not help anymore than doing the 3 week course.

While i know some will learn from doing the extra 4 weeks but best to put that money into Night School ie College. and get some City and Guilds. or Higher if have allready suitable Quals.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar