Home Forums Miscellaneous Odds and Sods Acceptable boots for the GOM

Acceptable boots for the GOM

Home Forums Miscellaneous Odds and Sods Acceptable boots for the GOM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MysticFogGarden
    Participant

Hi there,

What are the boots "to have" in the GOM.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Lets see now 😕
    Redwings , Ones that fit and have left and right printed on them .
    Try and stay clear of the cowboy boots or Gold and Silver ones .
    Hope that helps there MFG 😀

MysticFogGarden
    Participant

SEE, I knew I was gonna get the wrong ones. Thanx
    I know it must have sounded real rookie, but I don’t know how wet a person stays during a 12 hour shift ROV’ing and if there are better boots than others for keeping dry.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Like Lostboy suggests… Redwings or some other type of standard deck boots. In some parts of the world lace up boots with zips in the side (designed not to slip off by accident but can be removed quickly if need be) are becoming commonplace.
    I would guess that there are some guys wearing cowboy style boots in the GOM. Just ignore them.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Steel toe-capped wellingtons are good for keeping water out 😀

JB2
    Participant

Your GOM supervisor will be wearing standard PPE of flip flops, denim shirt/jeans and a wide brim dirty roughneck hard hat with faded stickers on it!!!

James
    Participant

MFG:

Steel Toe with a defined heel. As Lostboy and other’s suggested Redwings are a good choice. can be lace up or pull on.

In Morgan City you can buy these at Joes Boots, Oceaneering will provide you with coveralls and proper PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, work vest, etc) as part of your hire on.

Regards,

MysticFogGarden
    Participant

I knew this form would be helpful. I’ll wait till I get there and I guess relax alittle bit. It sounds like OI will have everything I need or let me know.

Funny thing about flip flops, thats my only pair of shoes I like to wear. In the winter I wear socks with them. I guess I might blend in with the rest of the gomer’s. No pun intended.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

They are banned in most places as a heath risk …… Not sure about GOM though.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😳 Sorry my fingers are flying 😯
    I meant health not heath !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar