Home Forums Miscellaneous Website & Forum Updates – Suggestions – Problems After upgrade-Problems registering / other website problems?

After upgrade-Problems registering / other website problems?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Website & Forum Updates – Suggestions – Problems After upgrade-Problems registering / other website problems?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

The site has just gone through a major upgrade (front end user area and back end admin)

Should anyone have any problems registering or not having their registration automatically activated (by responding to a system generated email) please use our Feedback Form

If you notice any other problems please let us know.

best regards
    Web Team

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

All content seems to be ‘centered’. Is it supposed to be like that or is this temporary?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Ah…. It’s fine in Firefox which is what I use, wouldn’t use IE if you paid me, but having had a look in IE I see what you mean.

Not sure why it would be fine in FireFox and not IE but I’ll look into it. It’ll be somewhere in the theme files.

Cheers for the feedback :tup:

James McLauchlan
    Participant

OK found the problem and it’s sorted from what I can see.

best regards
    James Mc

Savante
    Participant

it was better with the nametags on the left !!!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Yeah initially I thought so too, but the updated template I used put them on the right… then I thought maybe that was what we are all used to and that a change might not be a bad thing.

I’m equally more used to seeing that info on the left though. If I get a mo I’ll switch it back… need to do some file edits for that.

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

The block ‘Next 5 News Items’ is not show the next but the latest 5 published articles.

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

One thing that’s annoying for a long time is that when clicking on the title of a forum post you’re not redirected to the last post/reply but just to the start of that topic.

Is it possible to apply the link currently assigned to the small rectangular icon behind the posters name to the title of the topic?

Anonymous

RSS feed contains errors!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

The block ‘Next 5 News Items’ is not show the next but the latest 5 published articles.

Block has been pulled for the moment.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

One thing that’s annoying for a long time is that when clicking on the title of a forum post you’re not redirected to the last post/reply but just to the start of that topic.

Is it possible to apply the link currently assigned to the small rectangular icon behind the posters name to the title of the topic?

I have looked into this and played with the code in the block a bit. It now seems to do what you are after.

Tested in: Firefox and IE.

best regards
    James Mc

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Block has been pulled for the moment.

The code has now been fixed and the block has been added back into the site.

Now renamed to: Next 5 [Older] News items

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Two more things…

1. The ROVworld logo at the top of the page doesn’t stay where it should. It moves too far to the right and is almost centered. My current screen resolution is 1920×1200 pixels and I use IE7.

2. Before upgrading the site the p-tags in submitted news articles were replaced by br-tags when using the ‘paste clear text’ button in the editor. Now this doesn’t happen anymore. This means I have to divide the text in paragraphs manually which is a lot of work. Can this be solved?
    Maybe you have to check the css file for the p-tag definition because I think the problem is here.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Two more things…

1. The ROVworld logo at the top of the page doesn’t stay where it should. It moves too far to the right and is almost centered. My current screen resolution is 1920×1200 pixels and I use IE7.

Fixed… please confirm if it’s OK now.

best regards
    James Mc

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Hello James,

The ROVworld logo is placed correctly now.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar