Home Forums General Danger Zone! AMJ SUBSEA JOB OFFER SCAM?

AMJ SUBSEA JOB OFFER SCAM?

Home Forums General Danger Zone! AMJ SUBSEA JOB OFFER SCAM?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ale max
    Participant

Hello All,

I got the following email and seems like a scam to me, what do you all think?? In addition, when i go to details about this email in my browser says it was sent from an email account…. i need your opinion ASAP!!

AMJ Subsea ,

8 Westholme Terrace,

Aberdeen,Aberdeenshire AB156AD,

United Kingdom.

Email: humanresources@amj-subsea.com

17th January, 2012.

Attention:———-

This employment offer is from AMJ Subsea.

AMJ Subsea Limited provides a comprehensive range of subsea services to the offshore oil and gas industry, worldwide.

Services:

We undertake construction activities on a turnkey basis as well as providing subsea construction support to EPIC contractors on large projects.

Your experience and qualification was found to be most satisfactory hence, department has chosen you, being the most suitable candidate to occupy the vacant position. Your details were forwarded to our database by our employment consultant/agents. On indication of interest do forward you updated resume/C Vs to our address for further employment processes.

Resumes/C Vs are to be forwarded to humanresources@amj-subsea.com.

Other details

Job will last for 24 months with renewable option. This will be followed with completion allowances and other packages of compensation.

Salary range will be between minimum 12,650gbp and 2,870gbp +. These will depend on the job position.

We are open for accepting resumes/C Vs till the 27th of January, 2012.

Regards,

Mr. Peter Burton
    Human Resources Department.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Never heard of them, especially funny as they say they have ROVs.

The map of where they are in Aberdeen is actually a map of somewhere in Thailand it looks like. Look up their address in Aberdeen and you find a home survey report for a house that is for sale and is owned by a Mrs May Wong.http://www.stronachs.com/userfiles/file/8westhometerraceHR.pdf

Scam, I suspect.

KeyserSoze
    Participant

I had my doubts until I saw the testimonial by Johnny,

if Johnny says its cosher then who are we to argue!

😆

simon alistair
    Participant

Never heard of them, especially funny as they say they have ROVs.

The map of where they are in Aberdeen is actually a map of somewhere in Thailand it looks like. Look up their address in Aberdeen and you find a home survey report for a house that is for sale and is owned by a Mrs May Wong.http://www.stronachs.com/userfiles/file/8westhometerraceHR.pdf

Scam, I suspect.

I am writing in respect to the article on AMJ Subsea which I found in your website. Note that AMJ is a company registered and based in Aberdeen, Scotland.Our registration is number SC360513 and location is 8 Westholme Terrace (a property we leased in August ,2010).Date of Incorporation was 2nd of June ,2009.
    All these information can be verified. The article is giving a negative image to our business, I will therefore advice you remove the article.
    We have also received information about people using our name for scams, note that management is doing everything possible to put an end to this .The company has an accessible website and we advice any body who has received such offers to contact us for verification.
    Thanks,
    Mr Simon Alistair

subman
    Participant

Well I thought I would drop them a email asking about rov personnel and this was the reply .

Thanks for the email but we do not require the services of an ROV personnel.

Regards,

Mr. Danny Cook

Human Resources Department

So very strange for a company to be emailing personnel regarding rov personnel when they have no requirement .

Cheers

Subman

Sit Rep
    Participant

Interesting that "Simon Alistair" and "Peter Burton" both seemingly Anglo/Celtic names; write in a foreign accent? 🙄

simon alistair
    Participant

Well I thought I would drop them a email asking about rov personnel and this was the reply .

Thanks for the email but we do not require the services of an ROV personnel.

Regards,

Mr. Danny Cook

So very strange for a company to be emailing personnel regarding rov personnel when they have no requirement .

Cheers

31st January, 2012.
    Attention:Mr B.Robinson,
    I am responding to an email which you posted in ROVWORLD.We do not require your services and we have never requested for your services our company information is verifiable http://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC360513.
    Mr B Robinson, stop giving out unverifiable information about our company. I have your information which you sent to our email, note that we will contact our lawyers if we receive any such information from you again and we are giving you 24hours to remove the information you posted about us on ROVWORLD.
    Regards,
    Mr. Danny Cook

Subman

deepseacon
    Participant

Surprising two new members in this dribble.

Ray Shields
    Participant

OOo the lawyers are coming out. Err, you are in Scotland, its Solicitors.

Yes, AMJSubsea does appear to be a registered company at that address in Aberdeen and does appear to be an actual company.

Your website was last registered in November 2011 and details are hidden behind Privacyprotect.org. The map to your address on your webpage shows somewhere in Thailand though?

Details of the domain history:-
    Registrar History: 2 registrars with 1 drop.
    NS History: 5 changes on 5 unique name servers over 3 years.
    IP History: 6 changes on 5 unique IP addresses over 3 years.
    Whois History: 33 records have been archived since 2009-06-05 .

Your whole website seems very vague and lacking in any actual information. usually one would expect to have names and even photos of the MD, staff etc. as well as details on your vessels and ROVs. You main phone number appears to be a mobile phone (+447924575747 for the job ad) or 07916 054 014 for company registration info.

And who is "Johnny" the water engineer? That’s a heck of a testimonial 😀

We own and operate a high specification fleet of Vessels, Dive Systems and ROVs.

I would love to know what vessels and ROVs you own as for such a busy company you seem quite unknown, would you care to name them?

Danny Cook appeared to be the contact for a job ad for a Project Engineer in December 2011.

Simon Alastair has a profile on Linked In, saying he is HR Manager for AMJ Subsea.http://www.linkedin.com/pub/simon-alistair/44/b0b/70

The company Director is Alan Robert Forbes born September 1967, address given as

32 Denwood
    Aberdeen
    Aberdeenshire
    United Kingdom
    AB15 6JF

he was appointed Director on 02/06/2009.

The company was previously registered at 5 Rubislaw Terrace, Aberdeen on 12 Jan 11, then 32 Denwood as above on 4 May 11.

According to the last filed accounts for 2011, the Companys assets were worth £45,574 (with liabilities of £25,060) http://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC360513

I also found

Amj Subsea Ltd is a private company categorized under Water Transportation of Freight and located in Aberdeen, United Kingdom. Our records show it was established in and incorporated in. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $126,134 and employs a staff of approximately 2.

That will be Simon and Danny then 😀

We have also received information about people using our name for scams, note that management is doing everything possible to put an end to this

So we were right to suspect that the email being sent out IS a scam. 😀 A bit of a strange scam however, as the website and address they give is actually your own companies, so not sure how the scammers would scam anyone?

Which is what this thread is about.

PS it’s ADVISE not ADVICE, a common mistake.

subman
    Participant

Not to sure what the Beef is about as if its not a scam then the real amjsubsea has nothing to worry about .

As for lawyers I hate to think how much they charge per letter .

Cheers

Subman 😀

Alan Forbes
    Participant

Just noticed this thread regarding AMJ Subsea, and joined ROVworld to clear up the confusion.

I can assure everybody that this is a scam. Being a director of the company and having no website, this AMJ Subsea site came as a big surprise. we have no vessels and no dealings with ROV’s.

I have no Idea who Simon Alastair is? He certainly isn’t employed by me.

Hope this clears the confusion 😕

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘AMJ SUBSEA JOB OFFER SCAM?’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar