Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Are we all being honest?

Are we all being honest?

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates Are we all being honest?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    effinreps
    Participant

Just wondering if the day rates being published on the site are a genuine reflection of what experienced guys are currently earning, or are we keeping quiet about our rates to stop an influx of people into the companies we are working for.

I have been playing this silly game for nearly 10 years, the last 6 mainly as sup. I have monitored the rates since they started on the site and have always seemed to be ahead of the published rates.

I am no superstar, and have never claimed to be one. I know my stuff and have spent 20 years doing hydraulics and picked up a fair bit of electrics and electronics along the way. Basically your average half decent sup (I hope).

However, I have been working for a few companies over the last 10+ months paying £400+ pd up to £450. And no I am not going to reveal who was paying £450 untill there is more honesty.

Let’s all be honest and help each other out, we all do a difficult job in difficult circumstances, spending long periods away from family and friends.

Out of interest I contacted SS7,OI & AN other major yesterday and was offered £400pd by SS7 (EG see post on general forum) & both say they can do better but have not come back with a firm offer yet.

Paul Bond
    Participant

I think part of the problem is that there are so many ways of getting paid – even as a day rater, ie. PAYE, self employed, agency, totally freelance – the figures are hard to compare.

effinreps
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, the rates I have quoted are day rates PAYE, no Norway no W Africa, No Australia.

James
    Participant

I have never trusted these rates but I am the type of person that takes most things with a grain of salt. I wonder if some people are reporting things as they really are or are they just getting ripped off. Id like to see more honest reporting on pay too, its helpful, as a guide when you get a call to go somewhere new.

effinreps
    Participant

JRH, Do you distrust them in the same way I do i.e. to low or the opposite,too high?

James
    Participant

Too low in most cases,,,,

Savante
    Participant

low! But I applaud James/Gina for their work regardless – they can only go with the info provided!

Paul Bond
    Participant

My rates appear on the low side of the rates table at times, but i work through an agency and i know they take a chunk for their operation and a chunk for the employer NI contributions they have to pay.

They do however get me plenty of work and i can be home for things when i want – that wasn’t possible when i used to work salaried for a couple of the bigger companies.

James
    Participant

Yes, I applaud the hosts of this website….could it be that not enough people are actually communicating what they are making? Then it may be a case that we are bringing the average down ourselves……just a thought.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar