Home Forums Miscellaneous Odds and Sods Camera array for the Jalopy ?

Camera array for the Jalopy ?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Odds and Sods Camera array for the Jalopy ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    R2D2
    Participant

While others may be ponde3ring world domination, I have another scheme afoot.

Like a silly kid, I purchased an oversized vehicle which some of the family hate driving. I love it and aint giving it up.

Then the tought popped into my little mind … back-up cameras (reverse assit cameras for some) are becoming quite common and wireless aftermarket models are available.

What I’d like to do is fit one in the conventional manner, at the tail-end and then another on the curb-side of the vehicle, facing the front fender (mudguard for those previously mentioned) Probably incorporated in the wing-mirror but forward facing.

I then got to thinking, a motorised pan & tilt capability would be very very nice Peter.

Do any of you know of anything like that, which is commercially available?

Other options would be to find articulated web-cam type equipment or break up a few motorised mirror units and mod’ them to suit.

There are a variety of cameras and monitors available but it would be nifty to be able to control the gadget eh?

Ah well, while you’re all doing nothing during the strike, perhaps you could come up with some ideas?

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Err too dee too

R2D2
    Participant

Seriously, I’m stone cold sober…. don’t know what happened to those letters n spelling in the previous post … I’ll blame it on a foreign virus….. yes, that’s it … well, it will have to do.

Ta,

Savante
    Participant

You’re giving up on world domination?? Why? It’s soo much fun pinky!!

There was a post on here a while ago – someone had found a pan-tilt unit for mounting light ccd cameras. It was rs-232 – I bought it and had a bash – twas a bit flimsy – the plastic was very low density (thick – looked like foam!) – worked by relays driving servos and had it’s own gui.

If you want an off the shelf,there’s pan-tilt integrated units like the logitech eyeball. USB – so it’ll run straight off the laptop.

R2D2
    Participant

Sav’,

You’re a wealth of information. The new Google 😉

You’re also up very early!

Rgds,

r2deetoo

Savante
    Participant

I abandoned the concept of "a life" on the last job ! Think it went off the lars with dignity ! 😆

Andy Shiers
    Participant

The alternative is to learn to drive properly 😀

Savante
    Participant

dignity; she was some crate! 😆

Andy Shiers
    Participant

So was Miss Daisy 😀

TBAR
    Participant

Have a friend in Singapore, he’s just taken possesion of a new Subaru station wagon with all the extra’s, this thing also has a rear facing camera, video display comes up in the rear facing mirror – (the one in-between the Pilots and Co-Pilots Chair), good vision, night time also
    Might be an avenue to pursue, Subaru, reversing camera’s etc etc.
    The Internets your oyster, go on let your fingers do the walking
    Later 8)
    (PS – Don’t know if it makes one a better driver or not though, if you can’t reverse using your mirrors will a camera make one better or not?)
    The question was?

R2D2
    Participant

Thanks for the advice guys. Don’t you just love all the gadgetry. Yes, I suppose I should learn to drive her better. I’m still getting used to being on the other side of the road. She’s a little getting used to; 7000lb (8000lb gross) with a fuel economy like Axeman’s IQ.
    Reversing into an OI cage in a heave is much easier than backing-up this one in the dark.
    Still, I love it. Never been excited about a vehicle until this one. Loads of room. Great for nookie and even more fun with a partner! Road trips are a pleasure now; The whole tribe are content with the ample room and I love the gargle of the V8 : ) which has a carbon footprint of a mammoth.
    Sniff, away from home a day and I miss her already.

varoom be dum dum

R2D2
    Participant

I forgot to mention:
    Length 18,89 ‘ (5,758 m)
    Width 6,65 ‘ (2,029 m)

That is, if we don’t bump anything 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar