Home Forums General General Board Castoro II Saipem

Castoro II Saipem

Home Forums General General Board Castoro II Saipem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    blondie
    Participant

Anybody have any experience of this vessel lately?

rovnumpty
    Participant

Not personally.

But the scuttlbut around isn’t good.

Two words about say it all for me. "Saipem" and "barge".

Equates to about "sh*thole" and "fleapit".

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Not personally.

But the scuttlbut around isn’t good.

Two words about say it all for me. "Saipem" and "barge".

Equates to about "sh*thole" and "fleapit".

Ye fergot one more word… "rigs"

rovtastic
    Participant

It Has Triton 28 on it…3 man ROV crew on a floating shift all sharing the same cabin….food terrible crew changes take 5 hours on a boat then a 4-8 hour road journey in Saudi…..I take it your an agency guy and have been offered it?….Well thats because they cant get any of us Sonsub guys to go there……

Oh and the sewage system has a habit of appearing back up into the shower trays and flooding your bathroom…this happened twice last month…..

But apart from that…Its spot on!!!!!!!!!!!

blondie
    Participant

Hmmm……………………pretty much what I thought! Even the agency said it was crap. Glad I’ve knocked it back. It seems that it’s becoming traditional for me to be offered a crappy Middle East job at this time of year.

Ah well….just need to look forward to a christmas slot instead.

luckyjim37
    Participant

Must be a common thing with Saipem that sounded like the description similar to the Scarabeo six.

Although to be fair it was only two guys sharing on the same shift.

rovtastic
    Participant

Yeah the scabby 6 is another one….Saipem actually gave the ROV contract to Oceaneering as once again couldnt get Sonsub guys to go there….

Cabledog
    Participant

Can’t be as bad as the Sea Horizon can it 😡

Be good
    Dog

luckyjim37
    Participant

[Yeah the scabby 6 is another one….Saipem actually gave the ROV contract to Oceaneering as once again couldnt get Sonsub guys to go there….]

When did Sonsub go back on. MRV6 was on there till the end of 05 then the might Fugro moved in. I think they all got dysentry and have obviously moved out.

The shame with that rig is the crew were a cracking bunch of lads but the rig itself was an absolute hole.

The only good thing about the rig is it was off Egypt so we could at least catch some ray’s. Happy memories, even more so that I am in Ireland most of the time getting rained on. My motorbike gear has not been properly dry in three weeks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar