Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) Cheap, slave-type ROV labour

Cheap, slave-type ROV labour

Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) Cheap, slave-type ROV labour

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Andy Shiers
    Participant

Cdog , I’m not sure what you are trying to say 😕
    I for one have never been in a unnion and I count myself as someone experienced with an apprenticeship ( Not like alot of Muppets in this industry with NO experience ) I have been in this industry over twenty years !
    Since someone like you comes out with rubbish spewl on here 👿

If you dont like the way business is conducted there stay on your own hallowed soil and find employment where your union has jurisdiction .

………………. I have decided to join the unnion
    For no better reason than to help remove "Deadwood".
    It’s still a very small industry and names get round eventually fruitcake 😀

James McLauchlan
    Participant

cdog

Welcome to the Forum. What a wonderful first post 🙂

Thanks for stirring things up in a very mixed up and confused message. It’s posts like yours which fire up the debate even further and help keep the union drive in the news at it were. Cheers for that :tup:

A message to all the unionised clowns out there …wake up your coffees cold mate !!Firstly ,which country are you working in ?Do you believe you have the right to dictate who hires who in that particular part of the world ?If you dont like the way business is conducted there stay on your own hallowed soil and find employment where your union has jurisdiction .

On the one hand you mention unionised clowns in an apparently derogatory fashion….

A message to all the unionised clowns out there

and yet on the other hand you suggest that people work in a country where their union has jurisdiction.

If you dont like the way business is conducted there stay on your own hallowed soil and find employment where your union has jurisdiction .

Do you believe you have the right to dictate who hires who in that particular part of the world ?

In theory it’s a free world. People have the right to believe in what they wish and therefore need take no heed of ill presented almost abusive advice, such that that posted in this thread a couple of posts back.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

C dog,

You’ve awakened the old scrap yard dog… What are you trying to say? Are you for or against Yuni0ns? Free world – your choice…

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

message to all the unionised clowns out there …wake up your coffees cold mate !!Firstly ,which country are you working in ?Do you believe you have the right to dictate who hires who in that particular part of the world ?If you dont like the way business is conducted there stay on your own hallowed soil and find employment where your union has jurisdiction .

Dearie me, this chappie sounds very much like a GoM Southern "Good Ole Boy".
    Bet he thinks the recent upsurge in the offshore safety culture is for Faggots…
    "Goddamn Safety Boolsheeit" 😯

Never mind when we eventually get things sorted out, lets see what cdog (AKA Ostrich Man) and his ilk has to say then.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Guys, I think cdog has missed the point or doesn’t understand what’s at stake here.

I’m not a UK citizen and I rarely work there. I’m not doing this for just myself… That’s the point we should be putting across. In fact, I don’t know what kind of vehicles the RMT management drive or how big their houses are… I’m taking a chance that the Yuni0n MAY improve things… I could go without 6 pints a month to see if anything will raise the eyebrows in the ROV management ivory towers. I’ve heard negative views of the RMT – but I’m still going to take a chance. How about you other guys / gals?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I’m with you on that Yankie Doodle 😀
    If only just to do the opposite of Cdog 😀

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I’m with you on that Yankie Doodle 😀
    If only just to do the opposite of Cdog 😀

It’s actually spelt Yanqui. And I always thought you called me the end of the 5" pipe underground… Heh, heh

Back to topic… let’s kick some posterior!

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant
    Ray Shields
    Participant

Subsea 7 Policy

Bloody hell, thats funny! Well done whoever made it :L :L

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Brilliant :tup:

De-mob
    Participant

Gents.

Regarding cheap slave-type labour.

Surely this brings in a whole new issue for HSE.

How can it be a safe working environment, when you may have a team made up of various nationalities with a poor standard of spoken english, being given instruction during a critical and dangerous operation. We have all been in situations where if it hadn’t been for the skill and experience of the team, together with good supervision the outcome could have been serious with potential injury.

I have personally experienced foreign nationals telling me that they understand what they have been told only to find later that they didn’t.

These companies think an Rov Tech is only an operator and anyone can do it. They forget things like voltages , hydraulic pressures and the moving parts that can kill. It might be a great idea for the bean counters to introduce cheap labour, but it’s going to cost them dearly in the end.

With what these narrow minded companies have planned, who would be be mad enough to supervise?

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

How can it be a safe working environment, when you may have a team made up of various nationalities with a poor standard of spoken english, being given instruction during a critical and dangerous operation. We have all been in situations where if it hadn’t been for the skill and experience of the team, together with good supervision the outcome could have been serious with potential injury.

The people that are actually hard to understand are UK residents who speak with weird dialects.
    I’ve never had this problem with ROV-pilots or other crew members from Asia in the 13 years I work in the offshore industry.
    On the other hand, people from countries where they speak one of the languages from South Europe have more problems with english (except James 😉 ).

De-mob
    Participant

Sadly during my 27 years i have experienced problems with foreign crews,and wouldn’t allow myself to be put in that position again.
    Some places are worst than others with the Middle East at the top of the list for mixed crews.

We will see how all this cheap labour performs soon enough and what the clients/oil companies will ultimately say about it.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar