Home Forums Miscellaneous Odds and Sods Check your internet connection speed (bandwith) online.

Check your internet connection speed (bandwith) online.

Home Forums Miscellaneous Odds and Sods Check your internet connection speed (bandwith) online.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

It’s a Toy!

So what are you paying for, speed wise?
    Is your ISP telling/selling you porkies?

See some of the results I got below:

Click on the image above to run your own test.

All the best
    James Mc

Savante
    Participant

grrr.

1547 from london, 343 via return. I think mine is supposed to be 8Mbits/sec. I think the next bill I shall divide by 4.5 ish accordingly. At least the vat is down to 15% heh heh.

Speaking of which, anyone VAT registered, you will be getting advice through the post in the next couple of days regarding the darling vat cuts, got mine today ! No net effect really.

Good link though J.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I’m paying for 4Mb/s and getting 3.4Mb/s (download) from Lisbon or London. So, not too bad in that respect.

It’s a bit like car manufacturers quoting fuel economy. Do you ever get what you think you are paying for?

melvodon
    Participant

6757 d/l 🙂 337 u/l 🙂 bt home hub no complaints nice link 😀 prety sure its 8meg so quite happy with that and 2 comps on line

NewKidOnTheBlock
    Participant

2366 down, 363 up. Pretty poor for an 8 meg line. I’ve only moved a mile, to a new build, and dropped from 570down.
    😥
    Takes ages to get the latest American TV shows!

Ray Shields
    Participant

UP TO 8MB/s, all Internet access figures are theoretical maximums.

There are too many variables to guarantee a speed. Internet lag, time of day, quality of copper wires, etc.,

JB2
    Participant

Out in the sticks prob far away from the exchange I get:-

1707 d/l – 35 u/l

No wonder my P2P is slow

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Using ASUS laptop with Wifi connection and an old 100Mbps US Robotics router.

bcklad
    Participant

Not bad but not great for a 8mb service , Will try at 7pm and I’ll be lucky to reach 1mb (p2p throttling)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar