Home Forums General General Board Communications Access

Communications Access

Home Forums General General Board Communications Access

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ROVRatt
    Participant

In the modern world, 24 hour communications access is considered the norm, be it internet, mobile, sat phone or skype. Not all companies seem to appreciate that their employees need to keep in communication (Although they will have the most up to date comms in their offices). The need is driven by the fast changing world out there caused by instant comms. Example; You need to transfer funds because the housing market has plunged. You can’t because you’re offshore. Your employer does’nt care. You lose out. What do others think?

ROVrids
    Participant

Agreed ROVratt. We all know the feeling we get when we leave our mobile phone at home when we go out and suddenly find ourselves out of communication . To have this for many weeks while offshore is seems unnecessary in this day and age.
    A simple internet connection I think is now vital to most and I’m sure most will agree it’s not the speed of the connection that worries most but just having one. Although a good connection would still be handy.
    Another point is most communication between companies and their staff is conducted using the internet. Why should this stop when they are working?

Savante
    Participant

when i’m repping I put down a section in my close out report on health, welfare and assess the vessel communications system as part of that chapter.

Bandwidth, priority client handsets, vessel heading limitations, dropout, stability, tv, videos etc…… all good stuff.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

when i’m repping I put down a section in my close out report on health, welfare and assess the vessel communications system as part of that chapter.

Bandwidth, priority client handsets, vessel heading limitations, dropout, stability, tv, videos etc…… all good stuff.

Sav,

As long as we remember there some areas / regions of the world where mobile phones / flash pics (digi cams) are not allowed any way whatsoever offshore and THAT is put on the DPR / EOJ.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar