Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Companies That Will Recruit And Train Their ROV Pilots/Tecs

Companies That Will Recruit And Train Their ROV Pilots/Tecs

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Companies That Will Recruit And Train Their ROV Pilots/Tecs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Halford
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking to try and start a new career as an ROV Pilot / Technician. Are there any companies that will recruit and train their own pilots, or is it best for me to do a course and then look for work.

Thanks in advance

Natsdad

Ray Shields
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking to try and start a new career as an ROV Pilot / Technician. Are there any companies that will recruit and train their own pilots, or is it best for me to do a course and then look for work.

Thanks in advance

Natsdad

Please read through all the previous messages in the Rookie section as well as in the FAQs (see link on the left).

All major ROV companies recruit and train their own Trainees. Training school courses are not very well thought of.

Paul Halford
    Participant

Thanks very much.

I think I jumped in with both feet and should have looked before posting.

Ill take a look at the rookie posts.

Thanks again

Natsdad 😳

Stephanus Vermeulen
    Participant

Good day
    I would like to know what the demand for ROV04 pilot technicians are nowadays, due to current low oil prices?If there still a demand..is it lower or higher than the past?
    thanks

Roy Simson
    Participant

This original topic was started back in 2012 when the price of oil was well over $100 USD then there were many projects on the go .However this is 2015 and the current price has dropped to just over $62 USD and the amount of sub sea projects is very little , Most of the requirements so far this year have been for work class personnel with experience on Perry , FMC or SMD vehicles , When I say experience your need well over 1000 flying hours under your belt.

As for inspection vehicles there are a few jobs but not very many and the jobs that are under way there using there own staff . All company’s are trying to cut cost were they can from using more locals to cutting down on the size of crews .

As far as rates go they seem to have gone into free fall due to the agency’s all fighting for the same work .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar