Home Forums General General Board Competence Schemes

Competence Schemes

Home Forums General General Board Competence Schemes

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Scott Beveridge
    Participant

James,

I’m a big fan of in-house training – wish the ROV companies would get us old farts and open company classes again….

James McLauchlan
    Participant

James,

I’m a big fan of in-house training – wish the ROV companies would get us old farts and open company classes again….

In house is preferable to outsourcing.

Kalbo
    Participant

Well I have got to do one the orifice says so!!! So I do but it is a bit of a pain in the arse for concerned offshore.

Also I haven’t heard of anybody being promoted or held back just because they do or do not the holy piece of paper!!!

turtle
    Participant

I’ve spouted on the competence schemes. But I wanted to comment on this from James :

Get back to basics…. a few PT grades, a ROV Sup, a three man team. Judge people by their on the job experience/safety and ditch them if they are consistently below par.

I think they proponents of the scheme would say it’s value is in getting a qualified person selected BEFORE sending to the jobsite.

Really, I don’t see how a competence scheme can be effective if it is inherently subjective, randomly adhered to, and rarely held to any "enforcement" standard for misuse/fraud.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar