Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Offshore Safety/Survival Courses Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)

Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)

Home Forums Safety, Survival Courses & Medicals Offshore Safety/Survival Courses Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    deepseacon
    Participant

Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial Deployment Training.

A requirement which must be done within the next two months if using NS Choppers.

http://www.opito.com/standard/compressed-air-emergency-breathing-system-ca-ebs-initial-deployment-training.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Just when you thought you had all certs required they bring out one more .
    I have not seen any prices for this course but if the dead line is in September 2014 it does not give you much time as I have seen no warning of this new requirement until now .

I am all for safety but why don’t they just add this course onto your next HUET & EBS , Mind you the same could be said for MIST plus it would seem that more and more clients require Rov personnel to have a HV cert.

I think we all know the answer to the above " Money " Working offshore now is more like flying on a budget airlines with so many extras .

Raptor

All,

CSL are required to make you aware of the above training. This affects all personnel who travel to / from their offshore worksite by helicopter. Can you please contact your training provider and make arrangements to attend this training. Further info on the course is detailed below, with a link to the OPITO website included. The deadline for completion of this training is 1st September 2014. After this date, personnel who arrive at heliports and have not been trained, will be bumped.

The aims and objectives of the training are to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and appropriate practical emergency response actions to take should the requirement for emergency deployment arise.

During the training programme, delegates will be required to demonstrate their skills and understanding of the following key areas.

To successfully complete this training delegates must able to explain:

– The fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems (technology and use)
    – The rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing systems in helicopter emergency situations
    – The hazards associated with compressed air emergency breathing systems

To successfully complete this training delegates must able to demonstrate:

– A pre-flight inspection of the life jacket and CA-EBS
    – Donning the life jacket with CA-EBS correctly, including ‘buddy check’
    – An emergency deployment of the CA-EBS in a dry environment

This programme has been developed to address initial equipment introduction training requirements only and is designed to be delivered in a ‘dry’ training environment. This training programme will be valid from 23 June 2014 until further notice.

Target audience:

The Target group is personnel that are issued with Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) whilst travelling to work by helicopter and may be required to use a CA-EBS in the event of an emergency.

Delegate pre-requisites:

Delegates must possess a valid BOSIET / FOET certificate including a valid HUET certificate prior to attending the OPITO Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial Deployment Training programme.

Training duration:

The optimum ‘contact time’ for the Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial Deployment Training is 1.5 hours and can be carried out at an OPITO approved training provider.

Validity:

No expiry

Ray Shields
    Participant

Note the 1st September is a target date not an absolute mandatory.

hssg__ebs_briefing_note_v1_384.pdf
     Filename: hssg__ebs_briefing_note_v1_384.pdf

Download

Roy Simson
    Participant

Thanks Ray yes it would seem that the gear we were trained on 4 years ago is being replace by this new kit . Like it says " The current LAP / Air pocket doesn’t meet the standards "

So the course is 90 mins in the dry so no need to jump in the pool , I will see if I can book this the same time as my HUET as that’s due soon nothing on price yet .

Ok Ray I contacted Petans and these are the prices they gave me :-

Courses will commence at 0700, 1000, 1230 and 1430 Monday-Friday. (£50 per delegate) also 1800 Monday-Thursday (£65 per delegate) Saturday as Monday-Friday (not 1800 session) (£75 per delegate).
    NB Owing to the short course duration no lateness leeway at all will be given, nor any refund for no shows for whatever reason. However it will be possible to substitute personnel right up to the start.

So any thing from £50 – £ 75 GBP

Raptor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar