Home Forums General General Board Control Room

Control Room

Home Forums General General Board Control Room

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brent
    Participant

Are their any pros/cons on having the ROV Control room in the bridge of a ship?

Ray Shields
    Participant

You can’t always fly with the lights out, listen to whatever cheesy 80’s pop you want at full blast, hide when things fail from the Client, or sit and bitch about the rest of the crew.

On the plus side you do get to fly wearing your slippers…

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆

liddelljohn
    Participant

You will have all the toffs telling you what to do and how to do your job .

JL Schnabel
    Participant

I def prefer the action in the control van / shack – yeah cheesy 80s or 90s typewriter beats turned up; being able to have good shredding sessions as a three.some and much easier to keep politics tidy infront of the adults !

😉

Harry
    Participant

Not to say a long walk to launch and recover, your turn to be on deck for the deck checks, "hurry up , it is only 5 levels down and 75m along the deck and then quickly back up, don’t forget your safety gear !! " Cheers.

Roy Simson
    Participant

I think Mr H says it all , Gone are the days when you worked from a supply boat with maybe only 2 levels , Now days your looking at 10 levels plus and , Your far better to have the control van sitting on I beams on deck as close to the vehicle as possible , I am sure all you guys reading this will have had in the past had a Lim problem just think if your control van was up on the bridge 10 levels up , Plus if your control van is on deck you can watch a movie and hide from the client .

I fully understand however that many work class vehicles are built into the vessel and you have no choice but for just a short term project best have the van on deck with your system with nice short cable runs , Then you only have to run a few cables to the bridge like comms , survey , video and your traffic lights .

Andy Shiers
    Participant

It can be Noisy , Unless the Screens are in a area that is Light free , Sun rise and Sunsets are a pain in the arse ! You will always get some Numpty Standing over you even if you stick monitors all over the vessel ………….. They will look at your screen. You cannot Whinge about the DP operator or captain ’cause they will overhear you. People never put in decent Comms to the deck , Distance when fault finding is a pain.
    Plus side is that ‘Usually’ the Air con is the best on the bridge ! 🙂

Not to mention guaranteed pizza/ cakes/ sweets every day for the bridge. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar