Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner course selection

course selection

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner course selection

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chris rawnsley
    Participant

im looking at doing an hncto further my chances of employment, I was originally looking at the electronics but there is also an instrumentation and controls (hydraulics) available and wondered which would be most usefull!
    I was also looking at doing the City & Guilds 3667-02 Datacommunications Cabling with the fibre optics addon course..
    any ideas?

chris rawnsley
    Participant

Anything? Is mechanical or electronics better? 🙂

Des_b
    Participant

TBH mate,

It doesnt matter… you choose what you want to do based on the info you research. It can only be your choice after all. HNC in Electronics/Electrical is all en-compasing for that discipline, ditto for mechanical. I would suggest you look at what you would like to do after ROVs, as ROV wont or might not last forever. Do you really want to do offshore work till your 60-70? (as some guys do).

There are also better jobs out there so be careful about what you choose as it will cost you some time and money…

Good luck!

chris rawnsley
    Participant

What other jobs on rigs? tbh I prefer the mechanical side to electrical so might go down that route. . And I thought rovs were the future lol.. cheers for info..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar