Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Deep Ocean Engineering shut down

Deep Ocean Engineering shut down

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Deep Ocean Engineering shut down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tim Bulman
    Participant

Heard a rumour that they closed their doors last week.
    The website is down, so it may be true

Paul
    Participant

Their phone number works but I wasn’t able to talk to anyone. Perhaps their website is just down while being updated?

Craig Thorngren
    Participant

Sorry gents, but DOE has filed for chapter 7 Bankruptcy… If they owed you money, good luck getting it through the courts 😥 I know several people that are trying to get the technical information on board sets etc… so that they can put them into production sort of as after market parts. I don’t know if they’ll be successful or even able to, but if you have any DOE spare parts, or worse if your looking for them, the price just went up 😯

Chief

Paul
    Participant

Hope this isn’t some sort of April fools joke, I know a couple people who are going to be pretty unhappy about this news.

DANFROV
    Keymaster

You can see what is happening here.

http://www.doermarine.com/smallrov.html

Dan

James Wakefield
    Participant

The rumors are TRUE.DOE is no longer in business and anyone that is owed money or that has equipment at the DOE location i wish you the best as i know a company that is having to deal with trying to get equipment from them.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Other than mention on a competitors website

http://www.doermarine.com/

As you may know, Deep Ocean Engineering filed for liquidating bankruptcy.

The two entities do have a history of legal conflict.

Can anyone point at a definitive announcement on-line?

Craig Thorngren
    Participant

James,

I can’t find anything online, however I would invite anyone to contact a DOE dealer and find out for themselves. When I first heard of this, I contacted a good friend and dealer (well, former dealer…) who confirmed they had filed for bankruptcy. The really strange part was that another well known ROV company was trying to sell it self to DOE a little while back… Makes me wonder if some others aren’t on the verge of going under…

Chief

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Evidence of DOE filing for bankruptcy has been made available to me by one of our members.

Please see attached .pdf of petition record file in the courts of California, USA.

doe_bankruptcy_a_189.pdf
     Description: DOE file for bankruptcy – court record
     Filename: doe_bankruptcy_a_189.pdf

Download

Tim Bulman
    Participant

Other than mention on a competitors website

http://www.doermarine.com/

As you may know, Deep Ocean Engineering filed for liquidating bankruptcy.

The two entities do have a history of legal conflict.

Can anyone point at a definitive announcement on-line?[/quot

Thomas
    Participant

What a bummer, was there just a few months ago and talked to a few guys at UI.

Jeffrey Snyder
    Participant

Has there been any word of when they may begin selling off the assets? Not interested so much in the subs, but they may have some decent accessories, test chambers, or other supplies that might be worth chasing…

hermawan
    Participant

is there any place to service my doer rov, mk5 class,
    i need urgently, our location is indonesia, the problem in brush system and truster over heated,
    and anybody know what kind of oil using for truster mk5.

Craig Thorngren
    Participant

Hermawan,

I hate to say it but the M5 & M4 were the biggest reasons that company went under… I know of a dealer that has a substantial parts inventory and is even now starting to make board sets etc… for all Phantoms, but I haven’t heard of anyone even attempting to do the same for the M’s since so few were ever sold…

Sorry,
    Chief

Wade Berglund
    Participant

Hello Hermawan

There is a company in Thailand that does do some servicing of ROV and submersible system thrusters. They may be able to help.
    They are not far from you in Malaysia and they may be able to provide an option to your non-serviceable and obsolete thrusters.

http://www.subdimension-engineering.com/Thrusters/Thrusters.html

I hope that this helps.

Cheers

Trimtank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar