Divers Pay

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Arfur
    Participant

Brothers,

Just heard from a Diving Supervisor that the UK divers are going for a 50% pay rise in November. Can anybody confirm/deny this? Personally I hope they get it, as it may convince the "fence sitters" of the benefits of collective bargaining and galvanize them into joining the Uni0n, all the rhetoric and posturing from 2 years ago seems to have died a death but Neil and the OILC Branch are moving things in the right direction, we just need the rest of you to wake up and realise where your best interests lie.

sedco
    Participant

Do they deserve a 50% pay rise?

Anonymous

Hi
    I work with sat divers now, here in Malaysia there are on 1300US a day, heard that in Baku they are on 1300£, dont know if its true

CheckoffsUglyRumor
    Participant

Deepdown,

My brother-in-law has just finished a 4 week sat diving job at £1050 a day in Baku, mate.

Also just heard of a well completions engineer (spending perhaps 80 days offshore and the rest in the office), has moved to West Africa and taken a 25% increase…to £1250/day – and it’s not even Nigeria – Makes us look cheap.

kangaroo
    Participant

Good on the Divers for sticking together. Time and time again they show ROV people how it is done.

Meanwhile, while we keep talking about Unions and getting together to press our case, the Energy Boom is almost over!

Oh and look, what timing we have to complain about rates and the new Tax Rules in the UK – the season is almost over.

Oh and look, 90% of the guys working in Australia have just signed EBA’s that lock in the rates at the company’s discretion for the next 2 years.

It is time some of us stopped the bitching and put our thinking caps back on. A lot of these ROV Companies are having a lend. Bonuses are not worth the paper they are printed on. I have worked onshore for companies where the Bonus has reduced 75% in one year from the previous year. Sure, a bonus at the end of the current job is good, because if it stinks, you will go and work for someone else, and at least you got it in your hand, not a promise to get it in your hand at the end of the year!

Kangaroo – AKA Boxing Kangaroo

zincanode
    Participant

Well said Kangaroo.

IF the rates were solid, IF the rates were realistic, there would be a lot fewer moves between companies – and the industry would be much more stable.

Currently down to our last box of soldiers out here and we have trainees sitting in the team where full timers should be – don’t get me wrong, but when we have so many trainees on the job you end up doing more of the hands-on yerself cos the Rep’s on your back – then the rest of the time your trying to instruct the youngsters.

Also flags of all nations here at the moment – ovies spotted on deck today were Fugro x 2, Runic x 1, Sclub7 x 4, Hallin x 2 SMD x 1 and Oceaneering x 1 (oh and a vintage set of HMB). They’re in and out of the door so quick in Aberdeen that they don’t even get given the company HSE kit!

rigwash
    Participant

testicles, testicles, kahunaas , balls,

get it in your head guys, thats what divers have.

just look around you at the guys you are working with now, do you really think they are ever going to do anything to get something extra if they have togive up something first or lay it on the line?

when was the last time the guys you worked with bought a news paper offshore for you or a bag of coffee for the guys or did they ever drag up over the food or the bed bugs. No lads they are just out for themselves. No point waffling about unions and the like. These organisations are only the sum of the parts that make them up, ie: your colleagues. Until we refuse to work with these weak willed lilly livered losers and stop going round spouting political correctness etc we don’t stand a chance.

the Rov industry need to get some testicles individually before it can grow some collectively

Benny Edelman
    Participant

I’m not sure about a 50% pay rise for divers, maybe you are talking about the 5% or RPI +1.5% they are going to get from November 2008 as part of the 2006 agreement.
    There is no mention of a 50% rise on longstreath.com which is the main source of information for divers.
    The rates mentioned (1050 GBP or $1300 in Asia) include the sat bonus for 24 hours a day, in the North Sea it is currently around 25 GBP an hour. A professional diver on deck or air diving in the North Sea is getting around 420+ GBP a day.

piedpiper
    Participant

I’m not sure about a 50% pay rise for divers, maybe you are talking about the 5% or RPI +1.5% they are going to get from November 2008 as part of the 2006 agreement.
    There is no mention of a 50% rise on longstreath.com which is the main source of information for divers.
    The rates mentioned (1050 GBP or $1300 in Asia) include the sat bonus for 24 hours a day, in the North Sea it is currently around 25 GBP an hour. A professional diver on deck or air diving in the North Sea is getting around 420+ GBP a day.

it would appear they are going for 50% see the thread

http://www.rovworld.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1870

and open the link

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar