Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Due to visa restrictions no UK, Aus, USA, France, etc

Due to visa restrictions no UK, Aus, USA, France, etc

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Due to visa restrictions no UK, Aus, USA, France, etc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Subhuman
    Participant

Your not alone Hyball. But don’t worry he is going to have a hell of a time finding someone with a "etc passport" 😯 🙄

Craig Thorngren
    Participant

So what passport is accepted???

Chief

Adriaan Grobler
    Participant

Hey guys, it’s not the agency’s fault if the country is full of shite about who they want in their waters.

Craig Thorngren
    Participant

Agrob,

I agree, the agency is just trying to fill a vacancy, but when they say

no UK, Aus, USA, France, etc passport holders permitted.

It leaves it wide open to who can or should apply. Since they mention UK and France does that mean no EU personnel should apply? What about Canadian folks, are they banned as well?

Chief

Adriaan Grobler
    Participant

I think it depends if your specific country has any thoughts about bombing the crap out of Iran. LOL.
    Here is the same job from another agency with a bit of different wording. Maybe this will clear things up a bit.

" Due to visa restrictions we cannot use people with the following passports: UK, Aus; USA; France and most Europeans. Some EU countries are still being allowed in except France and UK."

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Your not alone Hyball. But don’t worry he is going to have a hell of a time finding someone with a "etc passport" 😯 🙄

SubH,

No doubt!!!! 😆 Can they define the …ummmm…. etc passports? To me, that would constitute ALL passports.

Anonymous

If it is indeed Iran well that’s a different kettle of fish. But yes I’m tired of the general passport/visa issues coming out of the agencies nowadays. It wasn’t all that long ago that they would get you the visa’s you needed. Now it’s up to us to sort it out???how???no LOI??? Strangely the people they attract to visa restricted jobs are the same people that are trying to leave that area of operation but have the licky in the book from the employer they are trying to leave too. Seems strange to me and yes I understand that’s it’s easier and cheaper for them to send a guy that already has the right passport/visa but where is the service that we used to get from these geezers and girls???????

Joel
    Participant

Well if I had the right "licky in that book" right now I would probably be upping my day rate exponentially. 😀

Toni Morgan
    Participant

Admin note: This topic was split off a job requirement posted by an agency.
    As per Forum guidelines any jobs advertised can not be used as a start to a thread, but there is no reason why the topic cannot be discussed in a new thread. The original post (by the agent) has been locked. The title of this new thread reflects the topic of discussion.

Due to visa restrictions no UK, Aus, USA, France, etc passport holders permitted.

This really winds me up when you get a call for rov pilots and they eliminate 90% of rov personnel by asking those dam questions about nationals and bloody visa restrictions.
    You might as well ask for pilots with blue eyes and blond hair and size 6 feet with a phd in earthworms.

I’d love to know how many actually apply for those jobs, and I want names.
    I want to see an end to those agency requirements.
    Is it just me who think’s this is anoying?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

What is the etc. bit all about?

It would have been easier to say who could apply!

Here is another example:

To Mobilize from The Netherlands
    50hrs plus flying experience with Sea Eye Tiger exposure. OLF/OPITO/BOSIET/UKOOA. EU Candidates only need apply!!!!!!

I would suggest this is coming about because companies do not want to pay fro Visa’s and the time it takes to process them. How times have changed.

James
    Participant

errr….isnt France in the EU??

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

What is the etc. bit all about?

It would have been easier to say who could apply!

Here is another example:

To Mobilize from The Netherlands
    50hrs plus flying experience with Sea Eye Tiger exposure. OLF/OPITO/BOSIET/UKOOA. EU Candidates only need apply!!!!!!

I would suggest this is coming about because companies do not want to pay fro Visa’s and the time it takes to process them. How times have changed.

Thanks James…

Younger guys take note and start complaining. You’ll be paying for your own flights next and still continue smiling.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

errr….isnt France in the EU??

Yes , But they are French so they don’t count 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😳
    Sorry 😕 It just came out 😯
    I forgot to put my brain in gear.
    A sincere Apology to all Frogs 😀

Maris Subsea
    Participant

Just to add the agency view point here as it does our heads in too 🙂

Many, many, many countries these days have huge amounts of restrictions on who they will or won’t let in. We get daily alerts from various sources letting us know that the goalposts have once again moved…

Take Angola for instance;

"Travel Alert

22 January 2010

Angolan Embassy in Paris

After lengthy discussions Onestep Visa have managed to negotiate with the embassy for them to still keep on processing Non French Nationalities visa applications.
    However the situation could change anytime and the service fee has increased up to £95. Process time will be approximate 4-6 weeks."

Our clients will ask us as the agency to impose a restriction on Nationalities simply to speed up the time it takes to get someone – can you imagine if they wanted to mob someone tomorrow but all we could get for them was folks without the necessary papers to travel? Chaos!

Some countries will only allow certain numbers of foreign nationals in (just as the UK has recently changed it’s policies :0)
    Others will only allow people in from certain countries – usually old colonial buddies etc. to have a visa processed.

Still more will ask you to get a visa to transit to a vessel whereas others won’t..

This is my day to day life (it’s just taken since October 2008 to get people set for Brazil with visas) but these days and times it simply comes with the territory.

One tip is to do a wee bit of research specific to your own Nationality (or Nationalities if you’re a dual passport holder) and check out if you would have an issue in advance.

All we can do is try and advertise the fact, so if you’re not included in the list of ‘allowed’ countries it’s probably not worth the hassle of you applying or getting wound up 🙂 That is until they invent a teleportation device that lets us fire you straight out to the vessel in international waters with just your kit bag and a seamans book obviously….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar