Home Forums General General Board Dulam Subsea Solutions (Dulam International)

Dulam Subsea Solutions (Dulam International)

Home Forums General General Board Dulam Subsea Solutions (Dulam International)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    deepseacon
    Participant

Any body been out for Dulam recently in Middle East Dubai?

Any rates etc Any Contract issue’s?

What is Dulam like in Dubai itself?

xl6
    Participant

Just be prepared for cheap rates, long trips, pathetic communication facilities (expensive satelite calls) & crap accomodation. Some day, they’ll improve..

Gordon Prest
    Participant

xl6, unless you are one of the many guys who have worked through HPR recently for Dulam (since December 08) you are much mistaken about the rates. I cant comment on the other issues you brought up however I have had no bad feedback from any of my guys. The rates are well above market rates at the moment and ALL the guys I have had out for them have expressed an interest to get back on the next rotation.
    Maybe you would like to drop me your CV (with a note saying you are xl6) and you could re-evaluate your opinion of Dulam?
    Best regards,
    Gordon

silicon
    Participant

I worked for Dulam 6 months ago and what i was told was not what i found when i got there. They were running everything on a shoe string which made simple things a right cluster. I felt sorry for the locals working for them as it was blatant slave labour. I believe they took on an OP’s manager who was going to sort all that out. I’ve since heard they lost the Comanche Rov so i believe all they have left is the Falcon, which was in a sorry state. Hopefully things have improved , the more ROV companies around the better.

Gordon Prest
    Participant

Silicon, you are correct, the Comanche was lost. I cant go into the background of that here less to say it was unavoidable. They have however ordered a brand new Comanche which is due for delivery in April I believe.
    They have also taken on an ROV Ops manager who is doing a fantastic job.

T-Boy
    Participant

Personnally I have never worked for them, but I know folk that have. I’m afraid I haven’t heard a good word said…don’t let that put you off, go for it and report back your findings 😉

So is there a Comanche up for salvage then or was it recovered?

subman
    Participant

Well I have worked for them and never again your told many things about the storys you read on this site I can tell you for a fact its all 100% true .

They have a new ops manager however the person above him is still there
    As for the poor old Falcon I wish you the best of luck with that system as many of the spares dont work .

So if you do go out with that system before you leave the dock side check every spare item .
    Most of the spares they repair inhouse or so they tell you I did check with Seaeye and very little was ever returned to them for repair yes I understand the cost is high but the item is working and not duff like all the items we found last year . Yes you are told please tell us what you need and we will get it " We did " Over and over again and were told the items we wanted were out of stock however when we check all the items were available .

I had not heard they had lost the Comanche I wonder what the story with that is but I have a feeling I know all ready .
    I fully understand what Gordon is telling us but you only have to read
    the comments from other people who have worked for them in the past
    as for the new Comanche I think Dulam should stick with diving as with running ROVs you do have to spend money to make money .

I am sure there will be a few replys to this email however I have all the emails still on my computer to comfirm all that I have said is 100% the truth .

Subman

JL Schnabel
    Participant

😯 Dulam! 😯

yep… i also had my fair share of fun and glory with them – and what a struggle it was to even get the absolute basic spares : ty-raps, hot-melt connectors – for example; boy how often did we have to recyle the hot-melts.

but why complain if the day.rate was good – indeed.
    i hope now that they have a dedicated ROV manager that matters will have improved for deep.sea Comanche and the Falcon and the new one that’s on it’s way…

deepseacon
    Participant

Thanks for your replies.

Sometimes best to go out with agency but like many companies in that sector hire direct so the deals are always different.

Always have to be carefull of Dive Companies becoming ROV Operators.

Its not the Falcon i am interested in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar