Home Forums General General Board Equatorial Guinea

Equatorial Guinea

Home Forums General General Board Equatorial Guinea

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    effinreps
    Participant

Anyone worken in Equatorial guinea recently, I have never had the pleasure of working the dark continent except for a couple of trips to S Africa. Mainly worked N Sea and Caspian so was wondering how bad it is.

More specifically anyone been on board the Bourbon Peridot, I have been offered 4/4 rotation with guaranteed work for the next 2-3 years.

Any feedback would be good cheers.

Mr_Crabs
    Participant

I was down there a few months ago. Working on the 700, for hess, peridot is working the same field. Have not been on the boat but she is new and quite nice from what i have been told. Basic centurion system. not sure if tms or free swimmer. think that one is a tms. Here that one on the reps is ex oceaneering U.S. and is a wanker.

EG is different. abit on the rough and ready side, you stay in a staff house during transit so no 5 star hotels. They were working on the main land airport a while ago, so there might now be direct flight in and out without a stay over. EG is my sort of place so i was ok with it. but some guys hate it. So you will have to suck it and see.

Also beware of the taxes. I know that some of the long term guys were pissed off and leaving over the tax situation down there, so it would be worth your while to find out what is going on concerning that.

effinreps
    Participant

Thanks for the info, I will look into the tax situation.

Cheers

Dan Sonnier
    Participant

I worked there myself. The vessel is realy nice. The vessel crew was not your typical construction vessel crew but they were making progress. The ROV is limited, beyond what it was designed for, rebuilt one too many times, basic centurion junk. And yes, it has a TMS. The ROV crew was ready, willing, and able but limited by equipment. As far as the client rep., it depends on which one you are referring to?

TAXES, big reason for not going back myself. But that can be resolved upfront as long as you know about it. Get all the details before you agree to go. And make sure they(SS7) supply you with malaria pills, Hess doesn’t supply them but expects us to take them. One other thing, E.G. has changed a few requirements for entry. You now have to have a police back ground check before they will issue you a visa.

effinreps
    Participant

Cheers for the ino dson, any SS7 guys out there know what the tax situation is. I believe it’s 30% but do SS7 make up the difference to UK tax.

rovsoup
    Participant

No Help with the tax Full uk. you get the £15 a day extra but if you’re salary your travel days don’t count towards double bubble days so no advantage in working down in Africa. Just more SHITE!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar