Home Forums General Industry News Updates & Discussions Explosion – Deep Water Horizon Drilling Rig in GOM, USA

Explosion – Deep Water Horizon Drilling Rig in GOM, USA

Home Forums General Industry News Updates & Discussions Explosion – Deep Water Horizon Drilling Rig in GOM, USA

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    rovnumpty
    Participant

Par for the course for BP Americas.

I worked on BP thunderhorse in 2006 (you might have been there for this James). We spent three days trying to get a pipeline up to test pressure, only to find a cap missing on the other side of the manifold.

BP’s answer -‘Your tether must have caught it and pulled it off.’

James McLauchlan
    Participant

and now the spoofs start coming out……

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

See ROVs 1-mile underwater controlled using joysticks & go behind the scenes at BP’s mission control in Houston: http://bit.ly/crjT5a

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Fish???

Best pilots (of these fish??) are folks that grew up playing video games????

Oh dear……

Joel
    Participant

And so it begins;

ITALY-Adriatic: Italian government has proposed prohibition of drilling in offshore areas within
    8km of coast. Should decree be formally passed acreage would include location for Petroceltic’s
    planned $37 million fourth quarter Elsa-2 well and MOG-operated Ombrina Mare project. Both
    operators are now seeking further clarification on legislation process. Petroceltic is considering
    alternative well locations but will continue with existing environmental permit process already at
    “advanced” state. Operator has recently farmed-out 15% equity in Elsa to Orca and suggests
    possible suspension of license timing obligations may also be sought to extend well spud deadline.
    Meanwhile Northern Petroleum says legislation “would rule out most of d59F.R-.NP and 64F.R-.NP”
    to the south in Ionian Sea.

Spacer
    Participant

Fish??? That’s a new one. Anyone else here use that term?

Savante
    Participant

I’ve heard someone refer to one as a "kite" before, which I guess is a bit Roald Dahl – but quite appropriate and ironic.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Fish???

Best pilots (of these fish??) are folks that grew up playing video games????

Oh dear……

James,

Errm, yeah, right. On this job we’re using Xbox-type hand contoller for the camera booms….

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Deepwater Horizon: Incident Command wants BP plans, contingencies

WASHINGTON, D.C. – In a letter to BP yesterday, National Incident Commander Thad Allen called on BP to provide information on the following for a meeting of the Federal Scientific Technical Team today:

1. Timeline for decisions on mounting the new capping stack and producing into the Helix Producer
    2. Contingency plan details should the capping stack plan fail
    3. Decision points on pressure testing the well and the possible move from collecting through the capping stack to shutting in the well using the stack
    4. Timeline for completion of both relief wells, which are under way
    5.Plan to maximize management of oil reaching the surface and use of dispersants subsea.

Further, Allen said he expects updated plans and timelines on these topics that incorporate recommendations that come from the panel meeting. He also noted that BP must receive his permission prior to implementing any of the plans or contingencies.

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Latest from the Unified Command for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill

BP: No oil leaking into Gulf from busted well

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Subsea operational update:

• The well integrity test on the MC252 well commenced today; full closure of the choke valve occurred at approximately 2:25pm.

• Currently the well remains shut-in with no oil flowing into the Gulf; any significant change to this operation will be announced via a press release.

• For the first 12 hours on July 15 (midnight to noon), approximately 5,875 barrels of oil were collected and approximately 3,430 barrels of oil and 22.5 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• For the last 12 hours on July 14 (noon to midnight), approximately 2,040 barrels of oil were collected and approximately 1,230 barrels of oil and 7.4 million cubic feet of natural gas were flared.

• We anticipate the next update will be provided at around 9:30am CDT on July 16, 2010.

Updated July 15 at 6:00pm CDT

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant
    Craig Thorngren
    Participant

You do realize that the "graphic representation" is no where near accurate correct? I mean British Pertroluem’s spill is almost 16 times bigger than Exxon’s in Valdez, yet that circle isn’t sixteen times the size…

That and if I were British Petroleum, I’d be screaming mad if they were comparing this to what Hussein did in ’91. One was intentional, the other caused by lack of following common sense and procedures.

Chief

Ray Shields
    Participant

They have not been British Petroleum for about 10 years, the company name is BP.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Yeah funny that….. 😀

I think it was Obama and his team that started calling it British Petroleum again with apparent emphasis on the British element.. just to make sure that everyone knew it wasn’t an American owned company at fault I guess!

It’s been legally called BP for about 10 years and we all call it BP.
    It’s our American cousins that appear to want to call it British Petroleum again these days. I’ll bet they called it BP before the well blew!

The well may be deep but the inference is very shallow! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar