Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Fish farm work

Fish farm work

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Fish farm work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Hi all, anyone done any fish farm work before? If so… Can you give any tips/advice of what to look out for please? Will be using an eyeball and external better, which I’ve done a fair bit of before, but wondered if there’s any catch to fish farms?

Ray Shields
    Participant

Watch out for fish.

And holes in the nets (not the holes in the nets that are meant to be there but additional holes that arent.)

deepseacon
    Participant

Sharks would be a problem in some Fish Farms

Amanda
    Participant

Depending on where you are going to be working, sea lions will be around. They will try their hardest to get through the predator nets up to the main nets for a fishy snack. So like rayshields said, make sure any holes in the nets are fixed quickly.

Good luck! Let us know how you like it.

DT_Sam
    Participant

Watch for tump weight ropes, lift up systems and other tangle hazards! Pay attention to your tether, where you are going, and where you have been. Also, depending on the ROV, watch for snags on the nets themselves. Ensure there are no catch points on the ROV.

liddelljohn
    Participant

Used to do ROV tree cutting on sunken forests ,,,lots of snag hazards and very poor vis,,as well as large fresh water creatures ,, some fish farms have poor vis dur to algae or fish food /faeces

be carful of current /tides around fish farms as they often us that to enhance water flow

Trev
    Participant

Also wanting to service Fish Farms due to the downturn in the Oil & Gas. Have experience diving on the farms so am aware of the limitations the ROV has to offer. I see a huge potential for ROVs working Fish Farms!! Just need to workout how I can remove the morts (deads) from the bottom of cage. Any ideas?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar