Home Forums General General Board For Staffers

For Staffers

Home Forums General General Board For Staffers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Che
    Participant

Evening all, one for all the staff guys out there. How many days are you contracted to work per year? I would particularly like to hear from the Fugro guys in Aberdeen/Singapore as at Fugro Middle East we are on a positivley medieval 200 days before we hit the enhanced day rate!
    I’ve heard of guys on 175 days and even 165 days, so just wondering whats the average?

Ray Shields
    Participant

For Fugro Aberdeen, the standard contract is for 175 days. There are two contracts offered, Guaranteed (consolidated) days or "pay as you earn".

Once you work over 175 days you get paid 1/175 of your salary in addition to all other allowances (as your salary is calculated over 175 days). There is no "double bubble". Basically your salary is calculated over 175 days, any day you work over that they just pay you salary for those extra days. All offshore allowances etc. remain the same on all days worked even when over 175.

Note the contracts are not for a fixed number of days (i.e. they do NOT state you must work 175 or you only have to work 175). They say you have to make yourself available as and when required by the Company.

Che
    Participant

Thanks for that Ray, Pretty much the same deal here except its 200 days instead of 175. Time to start persuading FMSE ‘s management that they should be looking at getting nearer to 175!
    Slainte,
    Che!

Kalbo
    Participant

168 contract day, with 12 offshore days payed a month 😀

Che
    Participant

Hey Kalbo, 168 days! Man thats positivley part time! Nice one.

slayer
    Participant

134 days for most of us Norwegian staffers, fixed salary and 165% overtime after 134 days.

Anonymous

134 days for most of us Norwegian staffers, fixed salary and 165% overtime after 134 days.

Yes we know, and then tell us the tax %, not fun to work in Noggie land, its rain and its cold all year round

slayer
    Participant

well, my tax are around 30% if I get the Seamans deduction, don’t think thats to bad compared to the benefits of our sosial system, schools etc.

Weather:
    Just left my home in beutiful sunshine, 14 degrees and arrived Aberdeen in rain, wind, fog and chilling 5 degrees…So dont tell me we don’t have nice weather (sometimes…)

Anonymous

Hi
    You forget to tell that people from other countries have to pay the full tax, are we talking 45-50% or more??

Btw i don’t do North Sea

Ray Shields
    Participant

When I worked in Norway mainly 94-2001, the tax worked out at 28-30%.
    Anyone is entitled to their searafers deduction and I got that too.

If you just do one or two trips a year in Norway it can work out more expensive, but if you work there half the year then percentagewise it comes down a lot.

Yes we know you pay tax to no-one, but for the majority of people who do pay tax, Norway is not as bad as people think.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Shetlander,

Ya got anaethin tae say bout this???

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar